- Job Title
- Facilities Technician
- Job ID
- Centreville, VA 20120
- Other Location
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit an energetic Facilities Technician to support their federal work in Centreville, VA. The initial period of performance is 6 Months with an FTE opportunity after the initial contract duration.
Performs a variety of routine facility maintenance assignments within a building complex. Maintains service or repairs in two or more skill areas, including plumbing, painting, plastering, electrical repairs, or installations. Performs various clerical duties. Duties and tasks are standardized. Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels. Works under the direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks. Must be able to work on weekends, holidays, and after-hours occasionally.
May perform or oversee any or all the following general maintenance assignments:
- Assist with the repair of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical needs
- Maintain and repair furniture, partitions, electrical/plumbing equipment
- Repair drywall, install wall covers, paint doors, and make ceiling repairs
- Arrange Afterhours heating, ventilating, and air conditioning as needed
- Trouble/Response fire panel and alarm systems
- Mount pictures, boards, etc. on a variety of surfaces, as needed
- Pack and move equipment and furniture
- Set up offices/cubicles with office furniture and/or build and dismantle cubicle partitions
- Acquire, distribute, and dispose of furniture as needed with approval from the CREF Facilities Manager
- Occasional maintenance work at other nearby facilities using company vehicles.
- Various facility-related functions as required.
- Participates as a member of the emergency response team for earthquake and fire drills.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Enforces Building rules and safety policies with all building occupants, suppliers, and subcontractors.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) and at least 2 years of related experience in building facilities is required.
- Must be able to lift at least 50lbs
- Basic knowledge of Fire Life Safety. Knowledge of Systems Furniture is a plus.
- Written and oral communication, organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills are required. Additionally, a demonstrated proficiency in the use of internet search engines, electronic mail systems, and spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to work on individual tasks and team tasks.
- Ability to work with various levels of staff.
- Must function effectively under time constraints, schedule workload to meet deadlines, and can prioritize.
- Applies knowledge and skills to details of work.
- Basic computer knowledge is a must. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Clean DMV driving record
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.