Multi Modality Technologist - PRN
- Job Title
- Multi Modality Technologist - PRN
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Part Time
- Yulee, FL 322097
- Other Location
PRN Weekend Call
The multi-modality technologist will be required to perform high quality radiologic exams with a minimum of two qualifying/credentialed modalities to meet the specific needs of the departments. The Multi-Modality Imaging Technologist is required to work routinely in all disciplines in which they are registered to perform exams. These include: Diagnostic X-ray, Computed Tomography, Mammography and Bone Density. The multi-modality technologist must participate in the on call schedule where applicable.
•Technologist will be required to operate complex imaging equipment under the direction of the Medical Director and Radiology Manager.
• Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory training. Staff orientation, onboarding, training and development.
• Participates in weekend schedule coverage, must participates in the on call schedule where applicable. Covers additional shifts based on the department need.
• Preparation for the Joint Commission, ACR, Steri-cycle inspections and knowledge of regulatory requirements.
• Performs all other duties assigned by management within job specifications.
• Demonstrate knowledge of department and notifies Bio-Med and other service engineers of equipment issues. Performs and logs QA/QC for equipment in use.
• Collects and documents appropriate patient history. Reviews image quality and forwards timely to PACS.
• Initiates life support measures as appropriate.
Must be able to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual situations. Must be capable of dealing with periodic cyclical workload pressures and levels of responsibility. Required to make independent judgments without supervision. Must be able to make generalizations, evaluations, or decisions based on sensory or judgmental criteria. Must have the adaptability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure. Requires the ability to work with people beyond giving and receiving instructions.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
- Knowledge of modern diagnostic radiography & computed tomography
- Communicate procedures to patients
- Required Skills
X-Ray experience required
CT Experience Required
College Technical Degree-JRCERT required
Graduate of an accredited Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology program, (JRCERT). Must be American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) registered and hold post primary certification in a minimum of one additional qualifying discipline in which exams will be performed in the role of Multi-Modality Technologist upon hire. Must also hold current Basic Life Support certification and Florida State License for Radiographers.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists required
Florida Licensure required
Basic Life Support (BLS) required
Radiology Certifications in 2 or more modalities preferred
- Pay Range
- $40.00 Hourly to $40.00 Hourly