Sr. Windows Server Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Windows Server Engineer
- Job ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Sr. Windows Server Engineer
Active Secret clearance required
@Orchard LLC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Windows Server Engineer holding an active Secret Clearance to support a major CIO office program in Washington, DC. As the Sr. Windows Server Engineer, you will provide highly skilled operations and maintenance of the Microsoft Server environments with a focus on high availability and security to ensure the bureau's operational applications are able to support their mission.
Duties may include:
- Provide support for Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019, Azure cloud, VMware vSphere 6.5/7.0.
- Provide support for configuration/deployment/troubleshooting VMware vSphere 6.5 or 7.0
- Provide support for Microsoft O365, Microsoft Exchange Server/SQL Server installation/configuration.
- Provide support for Active Directory troubleshooting/configuration, Patch deployment/management, automation & scripting.
- Load operating system software, troubleshoots, maintain the integrity and configure network components
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide support for GPO management and Microsoft Intune, Defender ATP, and Modern Desktop Deployment.
- Provide problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problems
- Ensure security baselines (DISA STIG) are applied and security vulnerabilities are mitigated with patches or compensating controls.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A Minimum of 6 years of experience supporting on-premises and cloud-based Microsoft Windows Server environments with a strong understanding of VMWare virtual environments
- Azure Sentinel / Tenable experience required.
- Active SECRET clearance is required.
- Familiarity with security tools such as Tenable, and Azure Sentinel.
- Familiarity with Government Security Policies to facilitate Base Line / STIG Configurations on Servers, Workstations, and Network Systems.
- Ability to travel 2 trips per year, 1 week each to Boulder, CO
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.