Payroll Consultant - HR20
- Job Title
- Payroll Consultant - HR20
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Work Remote
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a Sales and Marketing Company based in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Payroll Analyst.
This is a virtual position - candidates must reside in Central or Eastern Time Zones.
Position is responsible for day-by-day payroll processing for multiple tax entities, supporting multiple locations. Responsibilities include entering payroll information for time and attendance, taxes, deductions, wage garnishments, liens, and payroll adjustments. Ensures compliance of federal, state, and local taxes. Verifies that associates are set up appropriately so that regulatory requirements met. Ensures that the transmission of data to payroll agent is accurate and on time. Conducts periodic data audits with payroll agent’s mainframe.
• Processes payroll for multiple tax entities, pay cycles and locations including receipt and management of associate’s work hours, earnings, deductions, and taxes in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Reviews, verifies, prepares and audits payroll for transmission.
• Ensures transmission of payroll to agent is accurate, on time and in compliance with FLSA and all state employment and tax regulations.
• Enters federal, state and local taxes and ensures Associates are coded in accordance to state and local jurisdictions.
• Enters general payroll deductions including but not limited to wage garnishments and liens.
• Responds to all garnishments, tax levies, child support orders and liens in accordance with state and local requirements.
• Ensures all associate transfers are set up accurately, including tax implications.
• Responds to all oral and written associates and management inquiries.
• Presents to Payroll Supervisor critical issues that require direction/resolution.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
High School Diploma / GED required with some college.
• 1 year payroll processing experience.
• Knowledge in payroll deductions and taxes.
• Capable of importing and uploading payroll data electronically.
• Experience with Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to analyze and reconcile payroll data.
• ADP experience a plus.
• Knowledge of PR administration including a reasonable understanding of all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and record keeping to ensure compliance with federal, state and corporate requirements.
• Ability to maintain highest confidentiality level.
• Must be extremely attentive to detail.
• Must be able to work under tight timelines.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact with internal and external contacts to exchange or obtain information.
• Ability to perform work in a self-directed, team environment.
- Pay Range
- $17.98 Hourly to $22.50 Hourly