Lead Payroll Consultant - HR95
- Job Title
- Lead Payroll Consultant - HR95
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Work Remote
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a Sales and Marketing Company based in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Lead Payroll Analyst.
This is a virtual position - candidates must reside in Central or Eastern Time Zones.
In a self-directed work-team environment, responsible for processing payroll for eight (8) FEIN’s and 25K associates, supporting 50 states and all US territories. Provides training, instruction, and direction on department processes, problem resolution and processing issues to the team. Prioritizes the workload of the team and serves as the subject matter expert in payroll processing.
Essential Functions of this Position (list in order of most important to least important):
• Processes payroll for multiple tax entities, pay cycles and locations including receipt and management of associate’s work hours, earnings, deductions, and taxes in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Ensures compliance of federal, state, and local taxes; ensures the transmission of data to the payroll agent is accurate and within required timeframes.
• Conducts periodic data audits with payroll agent’s mainframe
• Reviews, verifies, prepares, and audits payroll for transmission. Ensures transmission of payroll to agent is accurate, on time and in compliance with FLSA and all state employment and tax regulations
• Enters federal, state, and local taxes and ensures associates are set up in accordance with state and local jurisdictions
• Responds to tickets and ensures that service level agreements are met
• Presents to Senior Payroll Manager critical issues that require direction/resolution
• Has authority over daily operations issues and guides others within the group
• Works with vendor to set up and process off-cycle payroll runs when necessary
• Serves as a backup for garnishment processing.
• Serves as backup for PTO approval for staff
• Reviews and resolves all errors before ADP payroll is finalized.
• Processes accruals for all employees when payroll status changes.
• Processes severance and relocation packages.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Requirements:
• Extensive knowledge of payroll tax coding and implications associated with local and state jurisdictions.
• Proficient analytical abilities regarding reconciliation of payroll data.
• Knowledge of payroll administration including in depth understanding of all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and record keeping, ensuring compliance with federal, state and corporate requirements
• Ability to maintain highest confidentiality level.
• Must be extremely attentive to detail.
• Must be able to work under tight timelines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interact with internal and external contacts to exchange or obtain information
• Ability to perform work in a self-directed, team environment
• Ability to enforce deadlines and process requirements, for both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure payroll accuracy
- Required Skills
• Ten (10) years of payroll processing experience including gross-to-net calculation, retro payment calculation, payroll tax, garnishments, and stock processing.
• Applied knowledge in payroll deductions to include garnishments, liens, etc.
• Experience in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience importing, uploading, processing, and transmitting payroll electronically.
• SAP or GlobalView payroll experience a plus
- Pay Range
- $25.10 Hourly to $31.35 Hourly