Sr. Payroll Implementation Consultant - HR21
- Job Title
- Sr. Payroll Implementation Consultant - HR21
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Work Remote
- Jacksonville, FL 32256
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a Sales and Marketing Company based in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Senior Payroll Consultant.
This is a virtual position - candidates must reside in Central or Eastern Time Zones.
Sr. Payroll Consultant
Work with internal payroll team, Senior Management and New HRIS/Payroll platform reps to build a new multi-dimensional and functional HRIS/Payroll platform for organization with over 5,000 employees and 12 different payroll runs. In a self-directing work, team environment, processes payroll for multiple tax entities, supporting multiple locations. Responsibilities include entering payroll information for time and attendance, taxes, deductions, wage garnishments, liens, and payroll adjustments. Ensures compliance of federal, state, and local taxes. Verifies that associates are set up appropriately so that regulatory requirements met. Ensures that the transmission of data to payroll agent is accurate and on time. Conducts periodic data audits with payroll agent’s mainframe.
• Need someone who can help design the ‘future state’ within new Oracle system
- Payroll (biggest piece)
- Applicant tracking
- Assist in building the new platform and implement a time line for completion
- ADP payroll knowledge is key
- Work directly with Senior Management
- Work with company reps that are implementing the new Oracle system
Processes payroll for multiple tax entities, pay cycles and locations including receipt and management of associate’s work hours, earnings, deductions, and taxes in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Reviews, verifies, prepares and audits payroll for transmission. Ensures transmission of payroll to agent is accurate, on time and in compliance with FLSA and all state employment and tax regulations.
• Enters federal, state and local taxes and ensures Associates are coded in accordance to state and local jurisdictions.
• Ensures all associate transfers are set up accurately, including tax implications.
• Enters general payroll deductions including but not limited to wage garnishments and liens.
• Responds to all garnishments, tax levies, child support orders and liens in accordance with state and local requirements.
• Provides training, instruction and direction on data entry, problem resolution and processing issues to co-workers.
• Responds to all oral and written associates and management inquiries.
• Presents to Payroll Supervisor critical issues that require direction/resolution.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Required Skills
• 5 years payroll processing experience required. Extensive knowledge of payroll tax coding and implications associated with local and state jurisdictions. Applied knowledge in payroll deductions to include garnishments, liens, etc. Experience in Microsoft Excel. Ability to import, upload, process and transmit payroll electronically. Proficient analytical abilities regarding reconciliation of payroll data. ADP experience a plus.
• Knowledge of PR administration including in depth understanding of all rules, regulations, policies, procedures and record keeping to ensure compliance with federal, state and corporate requirements.
• Ability to maintain highest confidentiality level.
• Must be extremely attentive to detail.
• Must be able to work under tight timelines.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact with internal and external contacts to exchange or obtain information.
• Ability to perform work in a self-directed, team environment.
- Pay Range
- $21.25 Hourly to $26.59 Hourly