UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Linux Systems Administrator with Top Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Linux Systems Administrator with Top Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
Linux Systems Administrator
Top Secret Clearance
@Orchard is retained by a top space technology client in their search for a Linux Systems Administrator to join their team in Herndon, Virginia.
As a team member, you will have the opportunity to closely support mission partners, and your work will have a direct impact on mission imperatives. In this role, you'll work closely with other software developers as well our infrastructure and cybersecurity teams leveraging open-source tools to create and maintain a diverse range of applications.
The team is a multi-faceted software development and systems administration team working to build and maintain software applications backed by a self-managed cloud infrastructure with a true big-data footprint (over 10 petabytes). The team’s diverse background of experience in mission support and software development serves as a catalyst to solve unique and challenging intelligence problems in support of special operations analysts and their on-going activities. Prototyping and frequent, iterative feedback are core to their delivery approach, anchored by a need to work quickly in support of missions.
Your Core Responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of the Infrastructure Team and focusing on several things on any given day, but the main objective is monitoring and acting on any outages on the platform to include hardware and software.
- Engaging with the tenants and users of the Openstack Cloud Platform via chat services, assisting with any requests they may have.
- When not monitoring the system or engaging with users, other responsibilities could include upgrading/deploying applications, R&D on exposing new technology/services within Openstack or reviewing and updating existing documentation for better readability.
- You may also be included in future hardware planning as they are continuing to grow their footprint and their mission partners have no shortage of unique and challenging problems to solve.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Current Top Secret security clearance w/ SCI Eligibility and willing to get a CI poly
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or a related field (4 additional years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree. A Master's degree may count as an additional 2 years of experience.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Linux Systems Administration
- Working knowledge of automation scripts: Ansible, Salt, CloudFormation, Terraform or similar
- At least an understanding of the concepts of Python
- Must be able to and willing to work onsite in Herndon, VA
- Development experience in Python
- Experience with Data driven tools like Hadoop, HDFS, accumulo, ElasticSearch
- Experience with provision and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or similar.
- Experience with Docker, GitLab, AWS, some exposure to Security (Cyber and RMF/ATO)
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Adjust quickly to ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to collaborate, work in a mix environment of team and solo.
- Ability to support wide range of tasks (upgrade software, patching, monitoring systems, R&D).
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.