Commercial Manager - Telecommunications Software
- Job Title
- Commercial Manager - Telecommunications Software
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Work Remote
- New York, NY
- Other Location
(Telecommunications Software post-sale support & Contracts)
Work from Home – Continental United States
driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation, they believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. Most daily, digital interactions in the world, whether streaming video, using your voice A.I, video, or voice calls to a friend or loved one – are enabled by their technologies. Our client’s Software Division provides market-leading intelligent automation software and specialized professional services to help clients modernize their IT and network operations.
Driven by policy and AI-based insights, the Software Division of our client delivers the closed-loop automation tools needed to align IT and networking processes critical to facilitating digital transformation and an adaptive network.
If you want to be part of the company that delivers these outcomes, then this is a role for you to consider.
As the Commercial Manager, you will.
Function as a dedicated business resource for the North America sales leadership team, helping to facilitate deal structuring, negotiation, governance, and deal closure. You will be the main support resource for director and above-level sales teams, providing quality interactions and insights within a dynamic environment that demands flexibility and mental agility.
- Immerse yourself in the firms’ policies and standard operational processes, so as to become the accepted subject matter expert.
- Partner with the Sales team to respond to RFPs and supplier questionnaires for new and existing customers.
- Work with internal departments to ensure compliance with contractual terms, including Legal reviews.
- Develop a general understanding of the firm’s technologies, solutions, product, and strategies.
- Understand internal governance/processes and ensure required approvals are obtained.
- Interface with accounting and revenue recognition teams to understand concerns for deal constructs and revenue forecasting.
- Partner with Sales to drive profitable pricing strategies and accuracy of deal structure to assist in meeting company financial metrics, and collaborate closely with sales senior leadership to facilitate creative solutions on commercial and/or pricing strategies to drive deal closure.
- Review contracts for commercial/financial implications and provide redlines to Legal and senior leadership.
- Support customer negotiations on contractual documents and/or pricing as needed.
- Profile quarterly and annual deal financials following current accounting principles.
- Request and acquire approvals from executive and senior leadership based on governance requirements.
- Identify trends/concerns in deal metrics and provide input to product line management – pricing, terms, services scoping.
- Adapt quickly to changes in strategies and other business policies/processes.
- At least three (3) years of general business experience, including time spent in finance/accounting and contractual review roles.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a concentration in finance, business, or another applicable major preferred.
- Demonstrated professional experience within the areas of Telecommunications (preferred), or software products, IoT, etc. companies.
- Excellent business partnership aptitude including interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong MS Office Suite skills
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.