- Job Title
- Sustainability Analyst
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Under the direction of the Program Manager in the Sustainability Program Office, is responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining sustainability data, tracking and reporting sustainability key performance indicators, coordinating with internal and external stakeholders, and preparing internal and external sustainability communications and reports.
Essential Job Functions:
·Establish best practices in modeling methodology, target setting, data collection, analysis, and reporting for the Sustainability Program.
·Design strategies to communicate the Authority’s sustainability efforts both internally and externally, working closely with the Marketing and Communications team and other internal and external stakeholders.
·Further develop and drive the implementation of the Authority’s sustainability, including helping the Authority achieve its aspirational carbon emission and renewable energy goals.
·Measure and report on goals and metrics, revising targets and objectives where necessary and monitoring progress.
·Lead the process in collaboration with the businesses and key internal stakeholders, for tracking and reporting on progress toward social sustainability targets.
·Coordinate with Business Intelligence to develop solutions to enable data driven decision making.
·Complete required monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting with appropriate graphs and graphics.
·Research new and innovative technologies to assist in achieving GHG emission reduction goals.
·Contribute toward internal and external sustainability goal setting.
·Create necessary sustainability training for employees.
·Assist with all public and internal environmental sustainability reporting.
·Conduct benchmarking and research on sustainability trends.
·Assist with policy, grant, and white paper writing and development.
·Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound practice and knowledge of sustainability and resiliency planning.
- Knowledge of grant funding and award requirements.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
- Strong organizational, analytic and strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete methods and strategies.
- A career track record that shows stability with an organization and the capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminates into overall success.
- Ability to communicate and interact with audiences at various levels.
- Ability to lead a team, or be a participant, regardless of position within the Authority.
- Familiarty with Green Building Standards and Certification Systems (ex. LEED)
- Familiarty with Sustainable Infrastructure Certification Systems (ex. ISI Envision)
EOE / DRUG FREE WORK PLACE
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (i.e., sustainability, environmental policy, science, engineering)
2+ years relevant experience in utility, waste or energy policy/programs/analysis
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Strong quantitative and analytical skills
Ability to prioritize and multi-task
Master’s degree in a related discipline (i.e., sustainability, environmental policy, science, engineering)
Knowledge of renewable utility, waste, and energy technologies and policies
Exceptional writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Optional Skills
· Ensures compliance with key FTA, City and FDOT specifications.
· Ensures compliance with Disadvantaged Business Enterprise requirements.
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
· Conforms with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- Pay Range
- $40,000.00 Annually to $62,500.00 Annually