Commercial Construction Estimator
- Job Title
- Commercial Construction Estimator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32211
- Other Location
Idea has partnered with a Leading Commercial Contractor who has completed over 100 projects throughout the Eastern United States in their search for an Estimator
Headquartered in Jacksonville
- Monitor bid listings for desirable projects
- Coordinate bid schedules with owner
- Lead bid review process with management
- Attend pre-bid meetings as necessary
- Provide accurate take-offs
- In depth knowledge of civil work/site work items.
- Solicit subcontractor and vendor pricing. Obtain at least 3 qualified subcontractor bids for every line item.
- Estimate project cost. Have in depth knowledge of trades and pricing.
- Prepare proposal packages for private and public bids.
- Perform conceptual estimating on civil, architectural and structural portions of projects
- Produce quantitative surveys and accurate pricing for projects from their early inception through an acceptable working budget, GMP, or Lump Sum Price
- Coordinate project documents for GMP and/or Lump Sum Bid project delivery methods.
- Lead detailed reviews of civil, architectural and structural subcontractor’s scope before award of project contracts.
- Obtain and present unit pricing data
- Responsible for outlining clarifications and qualifications within an estimate
- Provide back up for estimates to be used during analysis and review
- Identify and contact sources for cost estimate pricing for all specialty items
- Identify indirect costs and General Condition items within estimate
- Possess and apply knowledge of unit prices and the material/labor component
- Establish and maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure competitive pricing
- Produce manpower resource estimates to coincide with construction estimate
- Compile complete estimate/bid package breakdown based on input from others.
- Required Skills
Must have minimum 5 years experience as a general contractor estimator.
Estimate commercial projects, both ground up and build outs.
Perform take offs, solicit proposals from subcontractors, qualify all bids to ensure accuracy.
Must be expert reading plans.
Need to know site work/ civil work