Vice President of Business Development, for Biopharma Services, Genomics
- Job Title
- Vice President of Business Development, for Biopharma Services, Genomics
- Job ID
- Work Hybrid
- Princeton, NJ 08504
- Other Location
Vice President of Business Development for Biopharma Services, Genomics
Princeton area, New JerseyAre you ready to be both a hands-on business developer and a strategic-minded leader needed to build an effective Sales Team for a new entrant into the tumor tissue and liquid biopsy sequencing sector with a brand-new lab being built in Princeton, NJ?@Orchard LLC has been asked to assist a firm already known for exceptional capabilities in the areas of diagnostic testing as they embark on a new venture and expansion. Our client has created a new Biosciences Division and is building a state-of-the-art lab in New Jersey to provide specialized genomic and anatomic pathology contract services for biopharma as well as for Standard of Care patient testing. The services provided will assist in the research, development, and commercialization of new products for companies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology space, with an emphasis on Oncology.
Do you want to work for a firm that already has a market-leading position in diagnostic testing and is now leveraging its expertise in the area of Sequencing and Oncology in particular?
Are you motivated to present a unique value proposition to the CRO and bio-pharma market that leverages expertise in exceptional scientific rigor, a commitment to client-first engagement, and a depth of expertise in Standard of Care?
Do you believe a high-touch and consultative approach is needed within the full lifecycle of the NGS process, for mid-market biopharma?
Do you want to be a leader and a part of the integration between standards of care and Biopharma, driving real impacts on patient care and outcomes?
If your answer to these questions is an emphatic “yes” and you are ready to help lead an established segment leader, with an exceptional reputation in diagnostic testing drives a strategic expansion into genomic sequencing for Oncology, we need to hear from you.
In support of the highly advanced genomics and AP services, our client is developing a turnkey offering for biopharma clients with central lab work, including sample kitting and logistics management for clinical trials. Step one is to build the leadership team for the new facility, including the critical role of the Vice President of Business Development.
If you have been looking for an opportunity to leverage your business development expertise to build a customer base, while actively participating in the design of the sales process and resource planning for a green-field opportunity in one of the hottest segments in our industry (NGS), we need to hear from you. If you want to put your sales leadership skills to the test, in an environment where your ideas and concepts will be given free rein, then this is just the role you have been waiting for.
As the Vice President, of Business Development, you will.
- Position our client’s capabilities and approach to genomic and anatomic pathology contract services successfully within the market to ensure clients understand fully the unique value proposition. Our client is committed to high-touch and consultative customer engagement and has the capability to be a one-stop shop for clients including validation of assays at the medical provider level and standard of care testing.
- Work with leadership including the Scientific team to articulate the initial strategy for market penetration, including collateral and outreach/education campaigns.
- Test the approach in the market directly and adjust as needed.
- Build a plan to expand the Business Development salesforce to target the middle market within Oncology Biopharma, where a strong level of partnering will resonate.
Some of your responsibilities will include.
- Lead the initial business development charge as “an army of one” to build relationships and educate stakeholders in CRO and Biopharma companies with respect to the new opportunity to work with a high-quality new entrant to the NGS market that offers a unique blend of unified services oncology-focused services.
- Define the sales metrics and buildout a strategy for the sales team to be built.
- Work closely with the scientific leadership team to articulate the value proposition and ensure what is presented fully aligns with what can be delivered.
- Develop novel methods of communicating the integration between genomic and anatomic pathology testing and our client’s expertise in Standard of Care, and its benefit to the customer.
- Provide market intelligence to leadership regarding customer reaction and determine adjustments based on the feedback received to ensure success.
- Leverage prior experience and knowledge to devise metrics and rewards to incentivize the behaviors necessary for sustained growth and success.
- Actively participate in the recruitment of additional colleagues, and help design the mentoring and performance management criteria to measure the success of all new team members.
- 10+ years of experience in business development within a CRO including demonstrated strong individual performance, as seen through awards, recognition, and advancement.
- Significant experience within the Oncology drug development market sector (3+ years).
- A foundational understanding of Next-Generation Genomic Sequencing and its position/value within the market.
- Demonstrated examples of building and sustaining lasting business development relationships within the target biopharma sector.
- Track record of success identified through personal metrics and expansion of a product or product line.
- A clear understanding, and the ability to develop and implement sales metrics and performance measurement tools for building a sales force.
- The ability to strategically work with leadership and effectively commercialize service offerings currently provided or envisioned by the client within the oncology genomics market.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.