Lead Systems Engineer - High Performance Computing
- Job Title
- Lead Systems Engineer - High Performance Computing
- Job ID
- Part Time
- Work Hybrid
- Fort Meade, MD 20755
- Other Location
Lead Engineer - High-Performance Computing
Fort Meade, Maryland / Hybrid, work from home
An Active TS/SCI clearance with Full Scope Poly is required to start@Orchard LLC has been retained by a Federal Contractor with a long history of support to clients within the Intelligence Community to help recruit an exceptional SME in High-Performance Computing, who can support a SETA contract and advise the government client in that field. The Lead Engineer will be expected to work closely with the technical staff and contractors and to act as an advisor to the business-facing team within the government in order to help develop technically appropriate contracts and procurements. This is a great opportunity to work at the cutting edge of technology and intelligence while supporting vital missions to our nation's security. Owing to the nature of the work there is a need to be onsite within a SCIF environment for a good portion of the work, however, our client is committed to flexibility and it is realistic to assume the opportunity will permit one to two days a week of remote work for non-classified activities.
As the Lead Engineer you will be;
The lead for an engineering and development team, tasked with analyzing requirements and assisting in the design and development of high-performance computing systems and infrastructure. You will need to guide users in formulating requirements, advise them regarding alternate approaches, and conduct feasibility studies. The Lead Engineer will be responsible for the integration of requirements, design, and technology during the design and development phase, incorporating these plans and designs into existing operations. In addition to developing excellent documentation, the Lead Engineer will ensure adherence to C4ISR/DoDAF process and the Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) best practices. The Lead Engineer will be expected to demonstrate a depth of knowledge in high-performance computing, including scale, MI, interconnect topologies, and PGAs. Technical knowledge will further include an in-depth understanding of, CPU design, GPU design, memory design, and power budgets.
Anticipated experience for the role;
- BS in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering preferred, or at least 4-years of directly relevant technical experience in lieu of a degree.
- Over ten years of experience as a technical program manager and/or system design lead.
- Extensive experience developing systems with relational database applications such as Oracle, Sybase, and SQL.
- Demonstrated deep competence with system development utilizing object-oriented programming languages.
- Strength in requirements analysis, generation, and development of systems ad software architecture.
- Knowledge of operating systems including Solaris, NT, and/or LINUS
- Demonstrated competency with independent verification and validation of system requirements
- Prior experience with J2EE application development.
- Knowledge of SIGINT mission systems (NSA preferred).
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.