UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
- Job Title
- Endpoint Engineer
- Job ID
- Remote U.S.,
- Other Location
@Orchard is retained by a top space technology company in their search to find an experienced Endpoint Engineer to join their team. In this role you will help maintain current Windows, Linux and MacOS end user hardware as well as help develop future solutions that keep their devices secure while also providing a high-end user experience. This role can be based remotely in the U.S.
This team is responsible for the management, patching, imaging and software delivery of all corporate issued end user computing devices using tools such as SCCM, Intune, JAMF and Ansible AWX across multiple domains. The team is also responsible for managing Linux and Windows VDI Infrastructure with both Horizon and Citrix as well as Amazon Workspaces and EC2 instances. We are looking for someone who is well rounded and can help the team across a wide range of technologies and Operating Systems.
- Develop procedures for support personnel to remediate systematic and reoccurring issues as needed
- Develop and implement solutions for projects in physical, virtual and cloud environments
- Configure, deploy and administer Linux, MacOS and Windows-based development and production environments
- Find ways to automate current processes to make team more efficient
- Discuss and plan activities related to upgrades, migrations and other maintenance
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering, or related field. Four years of relevant experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Five years of experience in a related systems support or engineering role
- Ability to be part of once bi-monthly 24x7 on call rotation for after-hours support
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Windows 10 and MacOS operating systems
- Experience with deployment/configuration management tools and related scripting technologies: Ansible, Puppet, Satellite, SCCM
- Experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Experience developing and deploying desktop Operating System images
- Experience with Cloud environments (AWS Workspaces, Azure WvD, Citrix)
- Patch/Lifecycle management of Windows and MacOS Endpoints
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.