- Job Title
- Utility Worker
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Under the direction of the Service Station Maintenance Supervisor performs daily quality transit fleet servicing and cleaning
Essential Job Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Perform basic cleaning duties consisting of mopping and sweeping inside the bus and wiping down seats, cleaning of windows and bus windshield.
- Properly disposes of waste collected on fleet vehichles.
- Ensure proper maintenance of bus engine fluid levels including gas fuel, transmission fluid, oils and coolants.
- Moves and parks transit vehicles, including buses as required.
- Record odometer numbers accurately and legibly on reports.
- Operates a bus safely and efficiently.
- Maneuver safely and efficiently into the bus washing area and on JTA property.
- Assists with cleaning common work area(s) clean during and after shift.
- Report any mechanical difficulties immediately to lead man and/or supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and bring any unsafe practices or conditions to the attention of a supervisor.
- Complete all daily tasks assigned by the end of the shift.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Perform related work as assigned.
- Performs mandatory storm/disaster job related functions that are essential to the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and/or the EOC.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. at a time.
· Ability to bend and stoup for extended periods of time.
· Ability to use good judgment.
· Ability to work in all different types of outdoor weather situations.
· Ability to maintain a clean work area.
- Required Skills
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED).
Must have a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Optional Skills
• Conform with all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.