- Job Title
- AR Supervisor
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Under the general supervision of the Assistant Accounting Manager (AAM) of Transit Operations, this position performs supervisory and accounting functions for the Accounting Department’s Accounts Receivable (AR) Area. This position is responsible for complex accounting activities supporting the accurate and timely monthly closing of the Oracle Accounts Receivable Module, including reconciling the month’s transit fare cash deposits with recorded revenue. This position also ensures monthly JTA non-grant customer invoices are prepared accurately and sent out to customers timely as well as responsibility for an accurate and timely aging report used by JTA Finance management.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the day to day AR area functions and tasks including the supervision of AR staff.
- Supervise daily activities and training of accounts receivable staff.
- Confirm accuracy of cash receipt records with thorough review of each input document, confirming input documentation to downloaded bank activity.
- Review accounts receivable statements and trial balances for accuracy, resolve customer collections, and propose & write-off uncollectible balances.
- Prepare and input general ledger journal entries.
- Prepare General Ledger account reconciliations.
- Analyze selected balance sheet accounts on monthly basis to ensure accuracy of content.
- Perform monthly closing functions including reconciling closing the Oracle AR module.
- Assists with month-end financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Help develop and implement departmental policies and procedures, as required, to improve accounts receivable processes.
- Ensure that written performance evaluations of supervised staff are completed timely and appropriate feedback provided on a continuous basis.
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in general ledger accounts
- Identify, recommend and implement process improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Responds to questions and requests for information from internal and external customers.
- Ensure customers profiles are updated in the Oracle AR module.
- Review accounts receivable statements and trial balance accounts for accuracy, resolve customer collections and write-off uncollectible balances timely.
- Explains and interprets accounting policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Operating automated management and financial systems as well as word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications
- Understanding accounting, and transit industry concepts and directions and perform related functions
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other department staff, management, vendors, outside agencies, community groups and the general public
- Evaluating and analyzing technical accounts receivable transaction and reporting activities
- Preparing a variety of complex financial and administrative reports
- Planning and organizing work to meet changing priorities and deadlines
- Identifying and resolving general problems in a timely manner using sound judgment
- Responding to general inquiries and in effective oral and written communication
- Working independently
- Required Skills
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
At least 3 years of related work experience.
Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be accepted as substitution.
- Optional Skills
• Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
• Responsible for compliance with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.