Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Job Title
- Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Under direct supervision of the Accounts Payable Supervisor, this position works in a team setting with general responsibility in the timely and accurate processing of AP invoices including other processes associated in and around the AP function.
Essential Job Functions
- Processes high volume of vendor invoices for operations inventory and non-inventory items, blanket purchase orders for materials and services, grant funded and contractual purchases of equipment, services, etc. using a 3-way match process (invoice, purchase order, receiving).
- Processes direct disbursements (non-purchase order requests) timely into payables system.
- Issues checks or prepares wires on a weekly basis, providing disbursement detail to cash management staff and payees, as required.
- Serves as the secondary team resource for questions and/or assistance for frontline matters; escalates unusual situations to management, if needed.
- Pulls vouchered invoices to match Selected Payment reports generated by Treasury.
- Assists with review of “held” vendor payments.
- Assigns expense to projects and departments accurately.
- Reviews general ledger account numbers on procurements, purchase orders and direct disbursement requests and resolves any discrepancies before proceeding with input, seeking supervisor’s assistance if necessary.
- Assists with monthly reconciliation of vouchers payable.
- Reviews daily encumbrance and accounts payable edits for accuracy, making corrections before updating to the general ledger.
- Reconciles statements from vendors, seeking prompt resolution of outstanding or missing invoices.
- Runs open purchase order reports to identify and research open items or unpaid invoices.
- Creates and maintains various Excel spreadsheets.
- Assists team with payable records filing and purging.
- Assists with other department work as required, including the training of temporary or new staff.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced functions in Microsoft Excel & Word including look-ups and pivot tables.
- Recent experience in Oracle V. 12 or similar ERP.
- Accuracy and speed in data entry and general keyboarding.
- A change agent who has high energy and is customer focused.
- Excellent time management, administrative and organization skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with employees and customers both orally and in writing.
- strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with diverse teams.
- Excellent listening skills using patience and empathy.
- Ability to handle confrontations constructively.
- Ability to use good judgement in making decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and be detail-oriented.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Required Skills
Associate’s Degree and a minimum of three years relevant experience in financial setting.
A combination of equivalent work experience and training may be substituted for the degree.
General accounting experience to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, project accounting and journal entry preparation in a transit related field is preferred.