UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
- Job Title
- Proposal Writer
- Job ID
- Other Location
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify a Proposal Writer to support their work nationwide. This will be a Remote working from home opportunity and the Period of Performance is 6 Months with potential extension beyond the said period and a strong possibility for an FTE opportunity after 6 months on the contract.
The proposal writer will collaborate with Capture Managers, Proposal Managers, Technical Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and all other members of a proposal team to write compliant, compelling, responsive proposals in response to customer solicitations. You’ll be successful in this job if you are comfortable interviewing SMEs—steering the conversation and asking the questions needed to respond to solicitation requirements—and then converting that interview content into prose that sells. Compliance is imperative in this position, so you must be able to tie our prose back to the solicitation requirements and evaluation criteria.
Simply put, we are looking for a champion to drive our pursuit lifecycle, from kick-off to final submittal.
Required Skills & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of related writing/rewriting experience, e.g., proposal resumes, past performance citations, or responses to RFIs and white papers.
- Detail-oriented and fastidious with compliance.
- Ability to interview Subject Matter Experts to get the information needed for a section and then translate technical information into proposal content.
- Comfortable collaborating with people from a variety of disciplines.
- Confident interrupting and asking questions to ensure understanding.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to review proposals for typographical, spelling, grammatical, punctuation, acronym call out, sentence structure, and active/passive voice.
- Understanding of the full Government proposal lifecycle RFP release to submission.
- Expertise in understanding and adhering to proposal instructions and evaluation criteria contained in Government solicitations.
- Ability to support a flexible and occasional extended work schedule.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to multitask, supporting multiple projects at once and quickly shifting priorities.
- Experience with Office 365 (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.