Real Estate Specialist (Temporary/PA).816-1985
- Job Title
- Real Estate Specialist (Temporary/PA).816-1985
National telecommunications company seeks a Real Estate Specialist for a long-term, temporary position expected to last at least 12-months, possibly longer. The position will be on site in Canonsburg, PA on a hybrid basis, three days per week or as determined by the manager. The hourly rate is $30-$35 depending upon experience.
The Real Estate Specialist will review Real Estate documents to ensure compliance when an application is received. Execute and deliver on the day-to-day Real Estate activities, related to landowners and ground rights issues, in accordance with the Company's objectives. Additional functions include the following:
- Review the assigned task to ensure compliance with the Real Estate documents.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Communicate with and resolve Property Owner issues, while improving the quality of our relationships.
- Ensure all landlord default claims are resolved within cure period and documents are properly scanned into the system.
- Manage projects to maximize the portfolio including leasing/selling excess land, site abandonments, negative margin towers, tower relocations and obtaining blanket consents.
- Formulate and understand financial information from projects impacting financials, ground leases and customer license agreements.
- Resolve all other real estate matters including condemnations, encroachment claims, easement relocations, tax liens, etc. as expeditiously as possible ensuring that the Company's policies are followed and litigation exposure is minimized.
- Work with corporate functional groups and outside counsel (if needed) for proactive resolution of property matters.
- Order and review ground lease amendments.
- Manage external Legal vendor and minimize legal expense as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate and work with District, Asset, Tower Operations, Property Management, Legal, REA, Client Services Accounting, Tax, Implementation and the other functional Real Estate teams on real estate related questions and issues.
- Ensure the Company's site and LRM are properly used, updated and accurate.
- Escalate matters to Real Estate Manager and/or Real Estate Director when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Comply with all the Company's policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent work experience; or,
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school will be considered in lieu of experience
- Real Estate license preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of real estate experience
- Wireless industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to comprehend survey and construction drawings
- Ability to comprehend Zoning ordinances and municipal processes