- Job Title
- Environmental Chemist
- Job ID
- Syracuse, NY 13212
- Other Location
Position can be Remote or in Syracuse
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for an experienced environmental professional in the field of Environmental Chemistry to support their group in Syracuse, NY. The period of performance is 6 months with a strong upside for full-time employment for the right fit.
Our client seeks a chemist to support data validation and quality assurance/quality control aspects of environmental projects for both private and Federal sector clients. The applicant will support data validation efforts under the direction of a Senior Chemist. Applicants may also be involved in the development of project Work Plans, Quality Assurance Project Plans and UFP-QAPPs, and the tracking of chemical data from the field through the laboratory.
- Review and validate environmental chemical and radiological data packages in accordance with EPA guidance (National Functional Guidelines and regional modifications) or American Nuclear Society standards to ensure compliance with published analytical methods and evaluate the usability of data.
- Assist in providing guidance on the selection of appropriate analytical methods as part of project planning tasks and work plan preparation.
- Experience with the development of quality assurance project plans (UFP-QAPP) and sampling plans for environmental projects is also desired.
- Serve as a day-to-day coordinator between field personnel and analytical laboratories to track shipping and receipt of chemical samples and resolve chain-of-custody issues.
- Support data management tasks, should be comfortable with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Access.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or Environmental Chemistry.
- Minimum 3 years of experience including environmental laboratory experience with knowledge of analytical methods (USEPA, SW-846, DoD QSM, Standard Methods), experience in data validation of organic and inorganic data for compliance in accordance with EPA protocols (e.g., National Functional Guidelines, Region 2 SOPs) for various media (soil, water, waste, air, tissue), and knowledge in the review of radiological data in various media (soil, water, waste, and air).
- Applicants will have to provide at least three job references, be able to communicate effectively with the project team, multitask with various projects or programs, and provide final results quickly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.