Administrative Assistant to the Commissioner (Temporary/NYC).955
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant to the Commissioner (Temporary/NYC).955
A division of the City of New York seeks an Administrative Assistant to the Commissioner on a long-term, temporary basis. The position is onsite in lower Manhattan and the hourly rate is $25.Primary Duties:
The Administrative Assistant will function in a fast-paced, multi-tasking real-time environment requiring keen executive functioning skills. The Administrative Assistant is present for confidential transactions and receives and reviews confidential material pertaining to the operations of the Department and employees on behalf of the Commissioner. She/he should exhibit sound judgement and mature discretion in dealing with confidential matters. The Administrative Assistant is a public-facing individual who ideally should exhibit an amicable demeanor. She/he should excel in writing and communicating with influential stakeholders including high level elected and appointed officials, leaders of veteran and social service organizations, and business executives. Additional duties include the following:
- Coordinates logistics and scheduling of meetings with internal and external stakeholders.
- Vets individuals and organizations seeking meetings with the Commissioner.
- Accompanies and/or represents the Commissioner at select meetings/conferences.
- Prepares Commissioner and staff travel requests for approval by the Deputy Mayor and City Hall.
- Prepares annual agency travel plan for City Hall.
- Prepares itinerary and makes travel and hotels arrangements for the Commissioner.
- Complies with Conflicts of Interest Board rulings, prepares requests for approval by the Deputy Mayor for the Commissioner to represent the City at benefit dinners/galas associated with the military/veterans’ community.
- Tracks and submits monthly reports to the Mayor’s Office of meetings with individuals and organizations conducting business with the City.
- Connects requests for assistance from external stakeholders to staff and/or other city agencies.
- Arranges with staff for departmental citations, Mayoral proclamations and mayoral letters for external stakeholders.
- Coordinates with the Administrative Assistant for ordering of office supplies and maintenance of printing equipment
- Supports major city-wide events such as the Mayor’s Veterans Breakfast, Fleet Week, Memorial Day and other ad hoc events
- Bachelor's degree
- Superior writing skills
- Strategic planning expertise
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.