UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Materials Engineer - Metallurgy
- Job Title
- Materials Engineer - Metallurgy
- Job ID
- Euclid, OH 44117
- Other Location
Materials Engineer – Metallurgy
US-Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Department of Energy Clearance Required
Are you an experienced Materials Engineer looking to join an industry leader with a multi-decade pipeline of secured business?
Do you possess the attention to detail and focus to ensure the integrity of metals and materials throughout the manufacturing supply chain associated with critical DoD, and DoE projects?
Do you want to play a part in supporting critical national security missions through the modernization of core defense equipment?
Do you value work-life balance, and want to work for a Fortune 1000 company that can provide innovative schedules including every other Friday off? (Work 9 hours Monday to Thursday, 8 hours the first Friday, and take the second Friday off each cycle).
If these questions align with your interest, we are ready to speak with you, please read further below, and apply.
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a Fortune 1000, manufacturer and major contractor to both the Department of Energy, and Department of Defense, to assist in finding experienced Materials Engineers with specific expertise in Metallurgy to join their team located in Euclid, OH, just outside of Cleveland. To join the team you must currently possess or be able to obtain a US-Dept. of Energy Clearance, which necessitates you be a US-Citizen.
Our client is incredibly stable, with an exclusive market position and business pipeline that provides stable work for the foreseeable future while delivering a great working environment and employee-centric culture. Our client's mission is to assist the US Government to secure vital energy and defense infrastructure and equipment including the manufacture of critical products. They are a partner in the modernization of the most vital Naval assets that will be an ongoing process for decades to come.
If you are excited to join a company that lives its values, while supporting the security of the nation, and providing challenging, interesting work, this could be the place for you.
As a Materials Engineer you will;
Provide technical leadership and broad metallurgical support in a project team environment, for both in-house and vendor manufacturing. You will lead technical projects/investigations, manage extensive documentation and ensure the secure processing of core materials for highly sensitive and critical manufacturing initiatives associated with nuclear reactors and fuels for US Navy vessels. Your experience in mechanical testing, materials processing, EDM, plating, corrosion, and nuclear engineering materials will be fully put to the test in this critical role.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interpreting and implementing military and commercial material and processing specification requirements.
- Interpreting and implementing product drawings and customer technical documentation requirements.
- Reviewing and dispositioning vendor procedures.
- Preparing/reviewing technical requirement documents for purchasing orders.
- Reviewing in-house rework and testing routings and coordinating testing of materials and processes.
- Review material certifications for product acceptance.
- Generating procedures for heat treatment, solvent cleaning, acid cleaning, etc.
- Taking the lead in resolving in-house and vendor materials-related technical and quality issues.
- Composing technical reports and/or corrective actions, utilizing external lab resources as required.
- Providing vendor support through on-site visits and source inspection of selected parts and operations, including heat-treat surveillance. Vendors include heat-treaters, mills, foundries, forges, and platers.
- Implementing and maintaining Cleanliness and Detrimental Materials Control (MIL-STD-767, MIL-STD-2041).
- Interfacing with customers, vendors, and internal departments.
Your background will include:
- Bachelor's or Master of Science Degree in Materials Science and Metallurgy.
- Two (2) years of related experience is required, though all qualified candidates will be considered. Salary commensurate with experience.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
If your experience and interests align with this role, and you want to build a career with a stable and growing Fortune 1000 firm then we need to hear from you. Please apply.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.