UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Environmental Data Manager
- Job Title
- Environmental Data Manager
- Job ID
- Syracuse, NY 13212
- Other Location
Environmental Data Manager
Remote in East Coast USA
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector for an experienced Data professional in the field of environmental science or geology to support their group in Syracuse, NY. The opportunity will start part-time with the potential for a 40-hr work week depending on the business need. The period of performance is 8 months with a strong upside for full-time employment for the right fit.
- Perform data entry from field forms into the environmental database and/or Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform database queries and generate data tables/reports to be included in regulatory deliverables.
- Create boring logs and well construction diagrams using environmental database software.
- Perform quality assurance of data management procedures and quality control of analytical databases to ensure data integrity and usability.
- Coordinate with laboratory and enter Chain of Custody records, Sample Delivery Groups, Electronic Data Deliverables to EIM database.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team including GIS Specialists, GPS surveyors, environmental scientists, geologists, chemists, project managers, and health and safety professionals.
- Associate degree in computer science or environmental science
- 1-3 years of related work experience. Experience can be used to substitute education requirements.
- Chemistry and/or geology background preferred.
- Experience using database software (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, EQuIS) to manage environmental investigation/remediation data. Specifically, experience with Access and Excel is required.
- Must be able to create queries of analytical data, and format data in excel spreadsheets.
- Data specialist with computer skills in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with environmental rules and regulations is preferred.
- Familiarity with data generated for environmental investigation/remediation projects preferred.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.