Billing Specialist (NYC).545
- Job Title
- Billing Specialist (NYC).545
A high-stakes, cutting-edge litigation practice located in New York City is seeking a Billing Specialist to work in their New York office, reporting to the Firm’s Director of Finance. The base salary is $75K-$85K.
- Prepare monthly bills for billing attorney review, incorporate edits and revisions, prepare final invoices for approval, and post bills.
- Must be able to execute complex bills (including, e.g., multiple discounts by matter, split-party billing, preparation of electronic bills) in a timely manner.
- Review client guidelines and billing arrangements to ensure invoices are compliant.
- Process monthly electronic billing per client guidelines to e-billing websites.
- Draft invoice cover letters inclusive of client and invoice information per billing attorney’s request.
- Monitor unbilled inventory to ensure invoices are prepared and finalized promptly.
- Assist attorneys and clients with requests for accruals, budgets, and overall billing inquires.
- Monitor time entry for compliance with time entry policy. Research and respond to inquiries regarding time entry.
- Accurately, timely, and comprehensively report to management on status of assigned objectives and responsibilities.
- Utilize Excel to create ad-hoc reports for attorneys/clients.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and prior general accounting experience, preferably in a law firm environment, required.
- Knowledge and Skills: Advanced computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and QuickBooks On-line preferred.
- Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You show great accuracy, attention to detail, and good organizational skills. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake-free.
- Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to Firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
- Flexibility: You are versatile and possess the ability to multi-task with ease. You are able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude, and take a collaborative, team-focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to Firm tasks.
- Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer-service orientation and ability to work well within a team and are able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with employees, clients, and professionals.
- Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.