Paralegal - Technology Contracts/Procurement (Hybrid-NYC).324
- Job Title
- Paralegal - Technology Contracts/Procurement (Hybrid-NYC).324
A global financial services corporation seeks an experienced Paralegal - Technology Contracts/Procurement to join their team in New York City. There is a hybrid work schedule that will be determined by the manager. Base salary is $80K-$100K with a bonus up to $10K-$15K.
The Paralegal - Technology Contracts/Procurement will work within the Legal Department. Primary responsibilities will involve assisting the attorneys with the negotiation and documentation of procurement and third-party vendor contracts, working with the vendor risk assessment process and team, as well as the various business units. Additional duties are as follows:
- Assist the attorneys in their review, and documentation of various technology agreements, procurement and vendor contracts, which may include: supplier agreements for IT services, software, hardware, and systems, facilities, and professional services; non-disclosure agreements; and various other vendor agreements to support the business.
- Issue-spotting, researching and appropriately escalating risks and concerns that may exist with any potential technology agreement or vendor contract, for example, intellectual property, data privacy, and information security and cybersecurity concerns.
- Review, update, and maintain the procurement and vendor agreement workflow model and certain templates in line with market practice and SMBC’s legal and business needs. Liaise with the procurement and vendor risk assessment team with respect to vendor contracts.
- Review of internal policies and procedures as needed to improve the vendor contracts process.
- Creating contract abstracts, summarizing key points/dates.
- Minimum of 3-7 years' experience reviewing and drafting vendor contracts, or working with procurement or IT services legal documentation.
- Familiarity and expertise with IT and IP-related legal documentation.
- Excellent communication skills, technical drafting skills, and issue-spotting skills. Ability to work under pressure, operate comfortably in a fast-paced, demanding environment, and manage a significant workload with minimal supervision. Ability to think creatively and propose solutions.
- Ability to work with people from regions around the world.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.