Senior Programmer Analyst
- Job Title
- Senior Programmer Analyst
- Job ID
- Nashua, NH 03060
- Other Location
Senior Programmer Analyst
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit a skilled Senior Programmer Analyst to support their local government client in Nashua, NH. This will be a 6 months project with the opportunity for potential full-time employment after the period of performance for the right fit.
The successful candidate will be a part of the team that is responsible for Enterprise Data Warehouse. This position requires the candidate to understand and applies technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, techniques and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate to high scope and complexity. The candidate develops deep knowledge and understanding of the data warehouse and data management assets available within our data platforms and acts as the subject matter expert on the data and its utility for operational use. The candidate will regularly interact with the customers, data management teammates, and product development partners, your expertise in large volume data in data lakes, data warehouses, or data marts using structured, semi-structured, and unstructured formats - will deliver on the Clients' Data and Analytics organization’s mission to enable data-driven decisions within any action. The candidate will follow established procedures, contribute to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects and keep up-to-date with the technology shifts through training and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar with 10 to 15 years of Data Warehousing and Data Modeling experience.
- Strong understanding of Normalized/Dimensional model disciplines and similar data warehousing techniques.
- Strong experience working with ETL/ELT concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation in large volume data sets.
- Expert in SQL and/or SQL-based languages and performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of Data Pipelines, stream processing and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Experience with various data storage technologies - e.g. RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.), columnar, tabular, document store, NoSQL
- Experience with various ETL/ ETL tools – e.g. ODI, SSIS, Informatica Power Center, Talend, IICS, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouses - e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Azure Synapse, RedShift, etc
- Create supporting documentation, such as metadata and diagrams of entity relationships, business processes, and process flow.
- Collaborate with business users on normalizing and aggregating large data sets based on business needs and requirements.
- Data validation skills to verify data integrity, understand discrepancies, and resolve them with the highest sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to share findings with non-technical or business stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Analytical/Reporting Solutions like Tableau, Power BI is a plus
- Virtual team collaboration tools such as WebEx, Zoom etc.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Work individually and in a matrix environment
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Communicate (written and oral) effectively and demonstrate professional interpersonal skills
- Interact professionally with clients and vendors
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
- Meet deadlines as necessary
- Effectively work with minimal supervision
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with scripting languages – e.g. PowerShell, Python, etc.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.