UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Full Stack Data Engineer with Top Secret Clearance
- Job Title
- Full Stack Data Engineer with Top Secret Clearance
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA
- Other Location
Full Stack Data Engineer
Location – National Capital Region/Pentagon hybrid-remote/office
Active Top Secret Clearance Required to Start (TS/SCI preferred)
@Orchard LLC is supporting a federal contractor client in their search for a Full Stack Data Engineer with active Top Secret clearance to join their established contract in support of a Navy Analytics Program, where the team will provide a wide range of technical and analytical support to the Customer. The work for this program is currently being managed remotely, but when the pandemic situation changes, there will be a hybrid expectation to work at the Pentagon 2-3 days a week, due to the classified nature of the work.
As a Full Stack Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing support in the areas of conducting full-stack design and development of user applications including web applications, dashboards, reports, and data visualizations.
- Interfacing with the client, stakeholders, military personnel, and data providers.
- Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving issues found during the software development and integration process.
- Performing functional tests using frontend tools, web browser debuggers, and command line interfaces.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders on work progress.
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation or presentations.
- Conducting regular code reviews of proposed software patches and systems maintenance.
Your Background should include the following:
- US Citizen with active TOP SECRET clearance (an active TS/SCI clearance preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Software Engineering or related technical field is required
- Four (4) or more years of experience building rich web applications, dashboards, or workflow systems
- Ability to rapidly build prototypes in response to client priorities and feedback
- Strong working experience with creating maintainable, low latency, performant, and optimized websites
- Experience with server-side programming using one of the following languages: Node, Java, or Python
- Experience and understanding of working with one of the following databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, or SQLite
- Experience using Git version control system
- Ability to generate, follow, and update technical procedures and evaluate results
- Ability to work successfully in a team, independently, and take initiative on tasks
- Ability to communicate and present in oral and written formats
- Good software development practices including decomposing problems into modular units, writing good documentation, conducting code reviews, unit testing, and following the Unix philosophy
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms and ability to implement them as necessary
- Search engines such as Elasticsearch or Lucene
- Web server technology such as NGINX, Tomcat, or Apache HTTP Server
- Alternative web API frameworks such as hapi, Express.js, FastAPI, or Flask
Executive Order Requirement (COVID-19):
In accordance with Executive Order 14042 as a Federal Contractor Redhorse requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or prior to the first date of employment, whichever is later. As required by the Executive Order, Redhorse will work in coordination with applicable contract agencies to consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.