UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Senior Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Security Engineer
- Job ID
- Reston, VA 20190
- Other Location
Senior Security Engineer
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Senior Security Engineer in Reston, VA. This will be a Temp-to-hire opportunity with an initial contract duration being 6 months.
Design, prototype and support security-related infrastructure and applications. Identify and mitigate security risks to network and systems. Architect, develop and engineer enterprise security tools which may be COTS or open source. Possess the ability to learn new technologies to adapt to the threat landscape.
- Architecture and design of news tools as well as upgrading existing infrastructure.
- Provide security application support, including the development of automated scripts and protocols for seamless application-server interaction.
- Develop documentation as required (such as DFARS, Compliance, installation and Visio network and cabling diagrams, configuration guides, user tutorials, user and system requirements specification documentation, use cases, traceability matrices).
- Research, prototype and implement new security related technologies.
- Backing up other engineers with enterprise tools and learning and mastering new tools.
- Working hand-in-hand with 24/7 GSOC to support their needs.
- As a lead engineer, provide mentoring and training to other team members.
- Assist in the management of team functions and responsibilities.
- 14+ Years with HS 10+ Years with AA 8+ Years with BS 6+ Years with MS 3+ Years with PhD
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Must have the passion towards CyberSecurity
- Strong experience in Linux command line experience required
- Strong scripting skills in common languages like Bash, Perl, Python and/or Yaml
- Network architecture and security principals
- Networking protocols including, but not limited to SSL, TLS, DNS, TCP/IP, ARP, BGP, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, ICMP
- Must have strong enterprise tools experience
- Works well in a team environment.
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.