Maintenance Mechanic II
- Job Title
- Maintenance Mechanic II
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center and part of one of the nation’s top 5 public research universities in Jacksonville, FL in their search for Maintenance Mechanic II.
Responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance required to maintain the physical structure and equipment in the most reliable and economical operating condition. Responsible for responding quickly to any internal disaster and take charge at the scene until relieved by competent authority. Responsible for following budget restraints when ordering and using parts and materials.
- Performs corrective maintenance on assigned equipment as needed to restore to proper operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance on assigned equipment as needed to insure reliable economical operation.
- Maintain reports, records and documentation
- Conduct safety tests and inspections as required.
- Conduct daily inspections of zone assigned noting and documenting any inadequacies, deficiencies or repairs and make appropriate reports to the Department Secretary or Supervisor
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management within job scope.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years experience in building mechanical maintenance or equivalent.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: Ten (10) years experience in hospital maintenance work.
- Ability to work well with all levels of staff personnel.
- Ability to work dependable with minimum supervision.
- Ability to inspect equipment and/or systems and to identify conditions requiring correction or intervention.
- Must have working knowledge of common hand tools and test equipment used by maintenance craft.
- Must have knowledge of and abide by general safety procedures and regulations.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematic diagrams and drawings.
- Interpret instructions and prepare simple specifications.
- Must have basic working knowledge of plumbing systems, including compressed gas, potable water, drain-waste-vent systems, steam and condensate systems, electrical generation, distribution and utilization systems and equipment. Also, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, both central and package type systems.
- Must be able to perform mechanical, carpentry and plumbing repairs.
- Must be willing to respond to emergency calls on off-duty hours
- Required Skills
Assists and performs corrective maintenance on assigned equipment as needed to restore to proper operation. (25%)
Assists and performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment as needed to insure reliable economical operation.
Maintain reports, records and documentation. Must be able to use handheld electronic devices. (10%)
Conduct safety tests and inspections as required. (10%)
Conduct daily inspections of zone assigned noting and documenting any inadequacies, deficiencies or repairs and make
appropriate reports to the Department Secretary or Supervisor (30%)
Performs all other duties as assigned by management within job scope.
Performs as the Control Room Operator (Clerk II) when necessary.
Performs maintenance activities at off campus buildings/clinics when necessary.
- Pay Range
- $18.00 None to $20.00 None