Clinical Service Representative II
- Job Title
- Clinical Service Representative II
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center and part of one of the nation’s top 5 public research universities in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Clinical Service Representative II.
- Reports directly to the designated immediate manager for the specific practice or outpatient department. Responsible for scheduling patient appointments.
- Interviews patients to obtain appropriate demographic and financial information.
- Registers patients and performs other registration functions.
- Obtains necessary signatures and documentation from patients for billing and insurance purposes.
- Orders laboratory tests and other tests via the computer system at the direction of the physicians.
- Performs end-of-day disposition and gathers appropriate statistical information relating to patients.
- Announces the arrival of patients and answers incoming telephone calls for the department/practice.
- Serves as a liaison between patients, nurses, physicians, and others.
- Provides excellent customer service and greets patients entering the department/practice.
- A professional multi-skilled person dedicated to assisting in all aspects of medical practice including administrative and clinical procedures under the direct supervision and responsibility of a licensed physician.
- Receives and directs telephone calls to the appropriate personnel. Also makes phone contacts to other departments,
- physicians, patients and other outside organizations as necessary for the departmental/practice operations.
- Maintains patient scheduling functions, and sets patient appointments through established guidelines.
- Interviews and completes the registration process for patients utilizing the specific service. This includes regular patient registrations as well as "Series" registrations.
- Keys patient dispositions, diagnostic codes, patient orders, charges and payments as defined in the medical treatment record and/or charge document.
- Performs cashiering functions as it relates to co-payments or other patient payments/collections.
- Prepares and maintains all clerical aspects of the medical records through established guidelines.
- Perform aseptic procedures
- Take patient's vital signs
- Prepare patients for the physician's care
- Perform venipunctures
- Correctly document all entries in the medical record, either electronic or hard copy, to include signature, date and time
- Perform all assigned electronic medical record functions, to include responding to and handling EMR tasks, as directed.
- Use computer systems such as electronic medical records, medical necessity, ancillary test results, etc.
- Administer hospital approved medication as directed by and under the direct supervision of licensed physician
- Observe and report patients' signs or symptoms
- Administer basic first aid
- Assist with patient examinations or treatments
- Operate office medical equipment
- Collect routine laboratory specimens as directed by the physician
- Perform basic laboratory procedures
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties required by the physician.
Required Education: High School Diploma or GED. Specific course work: Employees hired on or after February 15,
2018 must be graduate from approved Medical Assistant program.
1. Requires excellent decision making skills and initiative.
2. Must be very detailed oriented.
3. Possess excellent verbal communications skills in the English language.
4. Basic arithmetic skills are necessary for cashiering.
5. Data entry experience required.
6. Ability to prioritize tasks and organize workflow.
7. Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional customer service related manner.
8. Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
9. Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks.
10. Knowledge of ambulatory health care or related health care fields.
11. Skilled in conflict resolution.
- Employees hired on or after August 1, 2021, must obtain medical assistant certification within 6 months of date of hire/transfer into the position.
- Current BLS from the American Heart Association.
ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred. Completion of a standard terminology course would be helpful, but not required.
Required Experience: Less than one year of related experience.
Preferred Experience: Two to four (2-4) years clerical/customer service experience preferred, ideally in a health care related industry. One (1) year experience with third party payors and computer experience for inputting data and reviewing patient demographic material preferred. Prefer one (1) year Medical Assistant experience.
- Required Skills
May perform routine clerical duties for the department.
Performs all other duties as assigned by management within job scope.
Employees hired on or after August 1, 2021, must obtain medical assistant certification within 6
months of date of hire/transfer into the position.
Current BLS from the American Heart Association.
- Pay Range
- $16.00 None to $19.00 None