Client Service Representative II
- Job Title
- Client Service Representative II
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- JACKSONVILLE, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center and part of one of the nation’s top 5 public research universities in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Client Service Representative II.
- Reports directly to the designated immediate manager for the specific practice or outpatient department. Responsible for scheduling patient appointments.
- Interviews patients to obtain appropriate demographic and financial information.
- Registers patients and performs other registration functions.
- Obtains necessary signatures and documentation from patients for billing and insurance purposes.
- Orders laboratory tests and other tests via the computer system at the direction of the physicians.
- Performs end-of-day disposition and gathers appropriate statistical information relating to patients.
- Announces the arrival of patients and answers incoming telephone calls for the department/practice.
- Serves as a liaison between patients, nurses, physicians, and others.
- Provides excellent customer service and greets patients entering the department/practice.
- This position is also responsible for processing referral requests for all providers practicing within the clinic module and ensuring that when needed, referral/authorization numbers are obtained for these services.
- Receives and directs telephone calls to the appropriate personnel.
- Make phone contacts to other departments,
- physicians, patients and other outside organizations as necessary for the departmental/practice operations.
- Maintains patient scheduling functions, and sets patient appointments through established guidelines.
- Interviews and completes the registration process for patients utilizing the specific service.
- This includes regular patient registrations as well as "contract" registrations.
- Keys patient dispositions, diagnostic codes, patient orders, charges and payments as defined in the medical treatment record and/or charge document.
- Performs cashiering functions as it relates to co-payments or other patient payments/collections.
- Processes referrals for services requested by Providers within established guidelines, to include external referrals.
- Obtains authorizations for referrals and schedules patient appointments through established guidelines within required timeframes.
- Processes requests for additional referrals/authorizations when requested by providers.
- Ensures referrals are maintained within appropriate network or payor requirement.
Required Education High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in a clinical office setting with extensive patient registration, front desk, and insurance experience and knowledge.
Two to four (2-4) years clerical/customer service experience preferred, ideally in a health care related industry. One year (1) experience with third party payors and computer
1. Knowledge of insurance plans and guidelines.
2. Ability to obtain authorizations and pre-certifications from insurance plans.
3. Requires excellent decision making skills and initiative.
4. Must be very detailed oriented.
5. Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills in the English language.
6. Basic arithmetic skills are necessary for cashiering.
7. Data entry experience required.
8. Ability to prioritize tasks and organize workflow.
9. Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional customer service related manner.
10. Skilled in conflict resolution.
ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred.
Completion of a standard terminology course would be helpful, but not required.
- Required Skills
May perform routine clerical duties for the department.
Performs all other duties as assigned by management within job scope.
- Pay Range
- $16.00 None to $19.00 None