- Job Title
- Security Officer
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32209
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with the Southeast’s most comprehensive academic health center and part of one of the nation’s top 5 public research universities in Jacksonville, FL in their search for Security Officers
Responsible for enforcement, assistance, direction and follow up security service utilizing tact, diplomacy and concern for customers and staff. Responsible and accountable for ensuring service excellence for all internal and external customers
and staff. Patrol and maintain order and safe working conditions throughout all assigned buildings and grounds.
- Enforcement of policies accomplished in friendly and courteous manner at all times.
- Information, directions and physical support to staff, patients and visitor is readily and willingly offered and provided.
- Rounds are accomplished thoroughly and completed in a timely manner.
- All security or safety violations are spotted, reported, eliminated and documented.
- Responds to all emergencies, assisting the person in charge.
- Operates equipment required in performance of duties assigned.
- Maintains all required training and licensing up to date at all times.
- Covers for peers during vacations and absences.
- Participates in training, attends staff meetings.
- Writes concise, accurate reports of all incidents in a timely manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management within job scope
Required: High School Diploma or GED.
Preferred: AA/AS degree or college courses in criminal justice, law enforcement or related field.
Required: 1-2 years security, law enforcement, or military experience
Preferred: Three to five (3-5) years security in a hospital environment.
License / Certifications
Valid Florida or Georgia Drivers license with clean record, or violations not exceeding maximum points as provided in hospital policy
- Required Skills
Ability to reason and make decisions independently without direct supervision under a variety of conditions.
Maintain a visually attractive appearance in personal hygiene and uniform.
Take the initiative to reach out and assist the visitor, patient, etc. with genuine interest in their needs.
Present a positive attitude in performing assignments and providing assistants.
Use a considerate and comforting tone when assisting distraught customer, visitors and patients.
Ability to diffuse and control situations involving anger, confusion and threatening conditions.
Ability to remain calm and in control during verbal and physical threats from customers and others.
Present a professional and helpful attitude while on the telephone.
- Pay Range
- $14.00 Hourly to $15.00 Hourly