- Job Title
- Systems Engineer
- Job ID
- Work From Home
- Washington, DC 20001
- Other Location
Work from Home
US Citizen must have, or obtain a Public Trust clearance@Orchard LLC, a Woman-Owned Small Business (8a) is supporting a prime contractor for an engagement with the Defense Health Agency (DHA). We are looking to hire under contract, or on a salaried basis, an experienced Systems Engineer, to support cutting-edge projects related to military health. This is a role that can be performed from anywhere within the United States (#workfromhome) and will provide the opportunity to develop skills and experience in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud platforms, and a wealth of data engineering initiatives.
As the Software Developer you will;
- Use a holistic approach, to design, develop, evaluate and modify end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products throughout their entire life cycle.
- Generate quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics.
- Ensure requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods.
- Translate high-level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and work with other engineering disciplines to develop lower-level detailed implementation requirements.
- Establish and coordinate the development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- Design interfaces and bring system elements together so they work as a whole. Assess performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Be the customer liaison and support for business development activities and to understand and shape requirements.
- Participate in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Translate high-level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower-level detailed requirements.
- Participate in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification and validation.
- Generate system-level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Review test plans/procedures and ensure they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field, or equivalent systems engineering experience.
- 4 years+ of Systems Engineering experience working within a similar large complex IT infrastructure environment.
- Security Plus certification, or the ability to become certified quickly.
- US Citizen, able to obtain a Public Trust clearance 9active clearance preferred).
- Experience with RDBMS is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce, Kubernetes) a plus.
- Experience with industry-standard medical data models, e.g. HL7, OMOP, ICD 9/10, a plus.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.