GIS Planner III
- Job Title
- GIS Planner III
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a public transit service provider in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a GIS Planner III.
Under the direct supervision of the AVP – Long Range, System and Regional Planning, responsible for transportation planning, project management, project development, planning analysis and forecasting, environmental analysis, and GIS and data analysis activities for the System Development Division
- Coordinates with the AVP in managing long range and regional transportation planning projects
- Coordinates with the AVP in the monitoring of team projects and quality control.
- Coordinates with the AVP in the monitoring of regional partner transit projects.
- Assists in the procurement of planning consultant services in accordance with JTA guidelines and including their upkeep.
- Communicates with citizens, public committees, community organizations, business and civic organizations, Citizen Planning Advisory Committees, Veterans organizations, Career Source and related groups.
- Assist in identifying program requirements, and develops scope of work for planning projects for both internal and consultant process, and supervises projects throughout their phases by continued communication with team members.
- Research transportation planning and policy issues
- Maintains project correspondence, records and financial management.
- Make regular reports on status of projects, schedules, budgets and concerns
- Prepares materials for presentations to the JTA Board
·Conducts GIS analysis and environmental analysis and the FDOT Efficient Transportation Decision Making process.
- Develops and maintains the geographic database of transit system performance data, U.S. Census data, and regional geographic data.
- Prepares thematic maps to evaluate transit performance trends and communicate findings to senior staff, North Florida Transportation Planning Organization, Florida Department of Transportation, and other partnering organizations.
- Performs spatial analysis regarding to transit amenities, transit system performance, regional transportation system, demographic population, land use, etc.
- Prepares GIS maps, analysis tools, and programs to be used by JTA staff and customers.
·Lead or support specific planning tasks and projects including the following, in addition to others as assigned:
o New Transit Services -- Provide support for JTA’s shelter system, First Coast Flyer, Regional Service, Alternative Services and U2C programs.
o Bus Stop Improvement Plan -- Monitor progress and provide periodic reports on the implementation of the Bus Stop Improvement Plan; provide regular updates to the plan and coordinate with other JTA departments including Facilities to accuracy of the transit amenities asset database.
·Support technology planning projects including the following:
o Technology projects that involve the regional partners.
o Management of consultant services for technology planning projects.
o Management and data coordination technology and mapping projects for regional partners.
·Support environmental analysis for planning projects.
·Support Transit Development Plan and Coordinated Regional Mobility Plan.
·Assists in agency planning coordination and support.
·Lead or support FTA New Starts/Small Starts projects.
·Lead or support sustainability and resiliency planning.
·Lead or support coordination with City of Jacksonville; Northeast Florida Regional County, and Regional Partners on GIS databases and analysis of sidewalk and other transportation elements.
Completes special projects, ad hoc assignments, and other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in Urban Planning, Georgraphic Information Systems, Geography, Computer Science, Business/Public Administration, Statistics, or related field with a focus on transportation planning and seven years’ experience in transportation planning and analysis.
An advanced degree in Planning is preferred.
Familiarity with Federal Transit Administration programs is desirable.
Familiarity with North Florida Transportation Planning
Organization processes is desirable.
Demonstrated experience with geographic information systems, preferably ArcGIS. Prefer AICP or AICP eligible.
- Optional Skills
Responsible for reviewing and complying with the Florida Department of Transportation regulations.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with Federal Transit Administration’s regulations.
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
· Conforms to all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.
- Pay Range
- $75,000.00 Annually to $95,000.00 Annually