UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
- Job Title
- Material Handler
- Job ID
- Elgin, OK 73538
- Other Location
Elgin, OK 73538
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for Material Handler for a critical program in Elgin, OK. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors that have over $22.59 billion dollars in revenue and are a publicly-traded company. The company works in a fast-paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. The initial contract duration will be 6 months with a strong potential FTE opportunity for the right fit.
- Load, unload, and convey materials within or near the plant, yard, or work site and perform a combination of tasks under specific direction which may include shipping and/or receiving.
- Open containers using hand tools: counts, weighs, and samples materials and uses computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying, and recording information.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, multi-level racks, conveyors, and machines by hand: loads or unloads materials into or from trucks by hand.
- Convey materials using a wheelbarrow, hand truck, forklift, electric dolly, elevator, or other devices: stacks or assembles materials: aids machine operators by lifting heavy objects by hand or by use of power hoist.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in a material handling/warehouse function.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job with minimal down time.
- Ability to multi-task, and perform under pressure, maintaining attention to detail and system data integrity
- Weekend/overtime availability a must
- Inventory management experience (Both hands-on material handling and system transactions and interfaces)
- Previous experience using forklifts and other material handling equipment.
- Experience working in a shop environment
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
If your experiences and interest align with this exciting opportunity, we need to hear from you. Apply today!
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.