Senior Contract Specialist - Municipal & Federal Procurement
- Job Title
- Senior Contract Specialist - Municipal & Federal Procurement
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20001
- Other Location
Senior Contract Specialist – Municipal & Federal Government
Washington, DC / Remote Hybrid
Are you an experienced contracts professional familiar with municipal, and federal procurement methods, contract types, and the pre-and post-award process for contract issuance?@Orchard has been retained by a very well-established Government Contractor with a market-leading position in their specialty, to identify Senior Contract and Procurement Specialists interested in providing their expertise in support of agencies within the Washington DC municipal government.
Are you comfortable interpreting and implementing both municipal and Federal procurement regulations, policies, and procedures?
Are you experienced working with automated procurement support systems?
Are you committed to making government at the municipal level work more efficiently and effectively?
If you are looking to work for a segment leader, with Contract Specialist engagements at the Municipal, State, and Federal level where you can leverage your current skills to build an interesting and satisfying career, this is your opportunity.
As the Senior Contract Specialist you will;
- Serve as Senior-level Contract Specialist responsible for all pre-award and post-award functions for the agency/agencies supported.
- Develop the solicitations which include directing the working teams to create definitive sections including the SOW, terms, and conditions, and others.
- Conduct pre-proposal conferences with prospective contractors to ensure they have a clear understanding of what is required under the proposed solicitation.
- Determine pre-negotiation position, determine the types of contracts best suited for each SOW and procurement method to be used, and prepare required justification.
- Perform and execute all duties and responsibilities associated with assigned warrants granted to this senior-level position.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders through all phases of the procurement life cycle including, but not limited to leading the evaluation panels; providing instructions and guidance related to evaluation.
- Conduct market analyses to advise pricing arrangement, subcontracting approach, and other related considerations.
- Prepare and maintain acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules; using all available systems and tools (e.g. PASS) to input, track and report on.
- Perform the full range of contract administration activities such as issuing contract modifications, and development of change orders; issuing stop-work orders; reviewing settlement proposals; monitoring contractor adherence to all contractual and performance-related guidelines and terms, and terminating contracts as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university and at least fifteen (15) Years of related experience required.
- Expert knowledge of all procurement methods, contract types, acquisition planning, and implementation of all pre-award and post-award procurement actions. Professional knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques.
- Experience interpreting and implementing municipal and federal procurement regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience with all aspects of bid and proposal process including evaluation, responsiveness ranges, responsibility, and performance measurements; and comprehensive knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures, and practices.
- Proven leadership and knowledge of project/ program management, with demonstrated success in problem-solving and conflict resolution including conducting root cause analyses.
- Comprehensive knowledge of automated procurement management systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent skills and abilities in oral and written communications and interpersonal skills are required to respond effectively to requests and complaints.
- Experience mentoring subordinate staff.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.