UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Mid-Level Contract Specialist - Municipal and Federal Procurement
- Job Title
- Mid-Level Contract Specialist - Municipal and Federal Procurement
- Job ID
- Washington, DC 20001
- Other Location
Mid-Level Contract Specialist – Local Government
Washington, DC / Remote Hybrid
Are you an experienced contracts professional familiar with municipal, and federal procurement methods, contract types, and the pre- and post-award process for contract issuance?@Orchard has been retained by a very well-established Government Contractor with a market-leading position in their specialty, to identify experienced Contract and Procurement Specialists interested in providing their expertise in support of agencies within the Washington DC municipal government.
Are you comfortable interpreting and implementing both municipal and Federal procurement regulations, policies and procedures?
Are you experienced working with automated procurement support systems?
Are you committed to making government at the municipal level work more efficiently and effectively?
If you are looking to work for a segment leader, with Contract Specialist engagements at the Municipal, State, and Federal level where you can leverage your current skills to build an interesting and satisfying career, this is your opportunity.
As the Contract Specialist you will;
- Be responsible for pre-award and post-award functions for the agency supported. Determine the most appropriate procurement method. Review bids or proposals related to procurement actions and assist during the evaluation process and/or recommend to management the most advantageous awardee per the process stated in the solicitation, District regulations, and OCP standard operating procedures.
- Manage the completion of procurement activities related to all aspects of the procurement life cycle and performs all related contract administration duties including taking a leadership role in conducting price analyses and leading evaluation teams.
- Advise in the development of solicitations sections such as the statements of work (SOW), terms and conditions, and other requirements for basic procurements.
- Develop pre-negotiation position, determine the contract type, and prepare required justification.
- Review purchase orders and contracts for completeness, accuracy, and compliance with District and agency policies and procedures.
- Gather, compile, and tabulate bids and offers; evaluate price submissions, and compare to specifications in the solicitation.
- Conduct market research regarding potential vendors and evaluate their ability to provide goods and/or services.
- Prepare and maintain acquisition plans, milestone charts, and related schedules.
- Utilize District’s procurement management system PASS (Procurement Automated Support System) to manage new procurement actions, manage contract awards, conduct analysis, and develop reports.
- Serve as advisor to the program staff, unit, and District in procurement planning meetings for assigned actions.
- Perform price analysis of all cost elements of price proposals; may have warrants and may serve as lead negotiator on select projects and or procurements.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university and at least eight, (8) Years of related experience required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all procurement methods, contract types, acquisition planning, and implementation of all pre-award and post-award procurement actions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost/price and market analysis techniques.
- Experience interpreting and implementing municipal and federal procurement regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Comprehensive experience with and knowledge of all aspects of bids and proposal process including responsiveness ranges, responsibility, and performance measurements determinations; and comprehensive knowledge of small purchasing arrangements, procedures, and practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of automated procurement support systems and Microsoft Office.
- Proven skills and abilities in oral and written communications, customer servicing, and interpersonal skills required to respond effectively to requests and complaints
To learn about our other exciting opportunities, please visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.