Board Administrator (NJ/NYC).324
- Job Title
- Board Administrator (NJ/NYC).324
A leading professional organization seeks a Board Administrator to join their office located in Piscataway, New Jersey. Position is hybrid and a New York City office option is also available. The base salary is $90K-$93K and is bonus eligible.
The Board Administrator will report to the Senior Manager, Corporate Governance. This role is responsible for ensuring each member of the Company's Board of Directors and the Company's Assembly has the information needed to be a knowledgeable and fully participating volunteer. Coordinates the Board and Assembly processes, which includes but is not limited to supporting meetings, writing and editing agenda submissions, collaborating with staff throughout the Company to ensure accuracy and timeliness of all documentation, creating and distributing meeting information and materials, and explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner. This role will work in accordance with the Company Constitution, Bylaws, Policies, procedures, and precedents, and helps advance the mission and objectives of the Company and collaboratively, cooperatively, and comfortably with all stakeholders. Additionally, this position is responsible for ensuring communication tools (webpages, leadership portal, and intranet) reflect accurate and timely information. Additional duties include the following:
- Supports the administrative responsibilities for the Company's Board of Directors and Assembly, in conjunction with the Senior Governance Manager, including:
- Acknowledges and reviews Board and Assembly agenda items for clarity, consistency, required documentation, proper formatting, and actively engages the submitters of these items to assist in this effort; drafts agenda items and resolutions as required.
- Produces draft and final agendas, distributes and maintains meeting materials via portal; arranges and communicates agenda review meetings for staff and leadership.
- Partners with other departments to plan leadership meetings, coordinates logistics, and provides hands-on support for on-site, hybrid, and virtual events and meetings.
- Attends and supports leadership meetings and drafts meeting minutes, actions, and summaries; coordinates approval and distribution of documents.
- Creates and coordinates communications with the Company's Board of Directors, Assembly, and staff; collects, records, and distributes documents; provides access to Board and Assembly materials; manages relevant listservs.
- Develops detailed meeting project plans and schedules for the current year’s Board of Directors and Assembly meetings.
- Creates and maintains content for webpages, board portal, etc.
- Manages the identification, collection, and shipment of materials needed for Board and Assembly meetings
- Maintains all governance records and documents associated with the Company's Board and Assembly are in audit-ready condition.
- Assists with tracking, updating, maintaining, and researching policies, procedures, guidelines, and action items.
- Manages and maintains leadership records.
- Processes expense reports and invoices.
- Confidentiality and discretion with restricted information are paramount.
- Critical and analytical thinking, excellent writing and communication skills, and demonstrated experience prioritizing tasks in a highly complex and fast-paced environment.
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in relevant business discipline such as business administration, communications, or other related fields.
- 2-4 years working in either an association governance environment or in the corporate/board affairs environment of a corporation.
- Similar background in industry supporting large business unit/corporate governance meetings would be considered.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.