- Job Title
- Accountant I
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Summary of Job
Under the general supervision of the Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the daily financial accounting management of the various departments.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes financial data, ensuring that all entries and reporting is incompliance with company policy and GAAP regulations.
- Assists with researching accounting rules and regulations and makes recommendations regarding company policy and procedures.
- Assists with streamlining processes and creating process improvements relating to the delivery of accounting information.
- Assists with Monthly Variance Analysis of actual revenues and expenses versus budget for various funds as assigned in support of our monthly closing activities.
- Review and adjust account coding relating to our PCARD transactions
- Prepares Internal Reports and special projects as required
- Prepare, Reconcile, and Record Dependent Insurance
- Performs Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations and Research, and timely submittal for review by the Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting Manager.
- Assists other accountants with the submission of the National Transit Data (NTD) information.
- Assists with Ad Hoc Projects and Research related to streamlining journal entry preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of three years relevant experience in Accounting. A combination of equivalent work experience and training may be substituted for the degree. Prior experience in budget preparation and development of inter-agency agreements is preferred.
Ability to reconcile accounts and generate accurate financial data and reports.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced functions in Microsoft Excel & Word including look-ups and pivot tables.
Recent experience in Oracle V. 12 or similar ERP.
Accuracy and speed in data entry and general keyboarding.
Ability to work collaboratively to enhance JTA’s reputation for excellence through best practices, reviews, accountability for performance and continuous improvement.
A change agent who has high energy and is customer focused.
Excellent time management, administrative and organization skills.
Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate professionally with employees orally and in writing.
Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with diverse teams.
· Excellent listening skills using patience and empathy.
· Ability to handle confrontations constructively.
· Ability to use good judgement in making decisions in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and be detail-oriented
Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.
- Optional Skills
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
· Maintains knowledge on all relevant changes to JTA Business rules and regulations.