Strategic Projects & Operations Support Manager
- Job Title
- Strategic Projects & Operations Support Manager
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Jacksonville, FL 32204
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a public transit service provider in Jacksonville, FL in their search for a Strategic Projects & Operations Support Manager.
Summary of Job
Under the general direction of the AVP-Strategic Initiatives, this position is responsible for supporting Operations, Maintenance, Transit Planning, Alternative Services and Connexion paratransit service through the development of analytical reports, Board reports, policy and process documentation, customer service concerns, budget and procurement processes, project management functions and coordination with various department/division stakeholders.
Essential Job Functions
·Analyze root causes of operational malfunctions and provide resolutions.
·Responsible for the development and delivery of presentations, white paper information documents, case studies, or other necessary processes.
·Responsible for the development and distribution of comprehensive operational reports and statistics for various stakeholders.
·Recommend process improvements to improve operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
·Assists with budgetary and procurement processes for successful delivery of Operations initiatives.
·Assists with identifying and communicating safety related trends and corrective actions between interdepartmental functions.
·Works with interdepartmental and cross agency functions to identify and document policies and procedures to establish effective and consistent actions.
·Supports Operations to investigate, document, identify corrective actions and respond to customer concerns in timely fashion.
·Collaborates with Business Intelligence on the development and presentation of complex analytical information on Operations and Agency key performance indicators.
·Assists with matters related to tracking procurements, private or intergovernmental contracts or agreements.
·Performs related work as assigned.
- Required Skills
A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Transportation, Urban Planning, or closely related field and 5 years of related experience required. An equivalent combination of experience and training may substitute for a degree.
An advanced degree or prior project management experience with public transportation is preferred.
· Must possess leadership characteristics; including but not limited to, customer focused, innovative, strategic thinker, accountability and a team player.
· The ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with sensitivity, passion and a focus on unity and equity.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced functions in Microsoft Excel & Word
· Ability to develop and monitor complex budgets.
· Strong organizational, analytic and strategic-thinking skills with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete methods and strategies.
· A career track record that shows stability with an organization and the capacity to develop and nurture relationships that culminates into overall success.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities.
· Ability to communicate and interact with audiences at various levels.
· Ability to lead a team, or be a participant, regardless of position within the Authority.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to complex issues.
· Knowledge of service development initiatives and performance tracking techniques.
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of transit operations, transportation planning and transit scheduling.
· Understanding of mass transportation operations.
· Ability to discuss and present abstract concepts to others in an understandable manner.
· Ability to analyze data and make recommendations accordingly.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Optional Skills
· Responsible for completing all mandatory training classes.
· Responsible for reviewing and complying with all JTA policies, procedures and directives.
· Conforms to all safety rules and wears/uses all appropriate safety equipment.