- Job Title
- Installation Inspector
- Job ID
- New York City, NY
- Other Location
Installation Inspector (NIGHTS)
5 borough area in NYC
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify multiple Installation Inspectors to support their work in New York City. If you are an experienced Installation Inspector with expertise in overseeing multiple sites, then our client has a challenge for you. Period of Performance will go through June 2023 with potential extension beyond the said period and a strong possibility for an FTE opportunity after the initial contract.
Under general supervision, performs moderately complex quality control inspection activities on assigned project and or functional areas to ensure that products or services provided are in accordance with customer and Clients’ requirements.
- Performs inspections/surveillances based on training received.
- Interacts cross-functionally with project team members and management.
- Implements inspection, examination, and testing procedures and records inspection, examination, and testing data.
- Plans inspections, evaluations, and tests; setting up tests, including preparation and set-up of related equipment
- Evaluates the validity and acceptability of inspection, examination and testing results and reports inspection, examination, and testing results.
- Evaluates the adequacy of specific programs used to train and test inspection, examination, and testing personnel.
- Performs and documents inspections of subcontractor work.
- Oversees subcontractor inspections and review of subcontractor work. Reviews and audits subcontractor generated quality records.
- Performs First-Article / In-Process Inspection as needed (may include source inspection).
- Ensures compliance to HSE requirements applicable for their work scope.
- May participate in establishing and implementing a Quality Controls Inspectors certification program.
- May participate in qualifying and certifying QC Inspectors at all levels.
- Documents and communicates inspection results in a clear and concise manner.
- Understands contract requirements and subcontractor(s) contract requirements.
- Performs other functions associated with this position as appropriate.
4-year degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Math, Quality or related field and 2-4 years related construction experience or a High School/Trade School diploma and equivalent work experience (5+ years) is required. ASQ membership desirable. Additional years of education beyond the minimum requirement are considered equivalent to years of related work experience.
Appropriate Quality Control Inspector Certification required within 12 months of employment. (Optional)
It is anticipated that individuals will be certified to perform activities in one or more of the following areas (or subjects): Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Instrumentation and Controls, Civil, Structural, Architectural, HVAC, Welding, Non-Destructive Examination, Receiving, and Special Processes. Certification to industry recognized standards, such as certification to DOT, IEEE, AWS, SNT-TC-1a, IEEE, ACI or International Code Council will be required.
- Must be tested for visual acuity and color discrimination as a part of employment.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly and interface effectively with a diverse group of professionals.
- Very good analytical skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of the company.
- Proficient in data collection, analysis, and presentation.
- Very good computer skills with working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access. Requires proficiency in the use of computers and software packages needed to support the documentation, analysis, and retention of quality records.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.