UNLOCK HUMAN CAPABILITY
Supply Chain Manager - Pharma/Medical Device
- Job Title
- Supply Chain Manager - Pharma/Medical Device
- Job ID
- Princeton, NJ 08540
- Other Location
Supply Chain ManagerPharmaceutical / Medical Device IndustryHybrid; Work from Home & the Princeton Office
Are you an experienced Supply Chain professional with strength in planning and managing supply chain and logistics operations?Would you welcome the opportunity to be the liaison between those that produce, and deliver products, our client’s Commercial organization, and the Wholesale/Distribution channels within the US market?If your answer to these questions is positive, please read further and contact us for more information.
Have you always wanted to put your ideas regarding an optimal Supply Chain solution into practice, while being a hands-on practitioner?
Are you motivated to join a company, creating novel approaches to innovative surgical pain management, which deliver positive patient outcomes?
Are you a highly motivated professional with attention to detail, great customer-centric thinking, and a proactive mindset?
Are you comfortable with handling the shifting priorities and ambiguity common in fast-growth companies, while ensuring you keep on top of your work?
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a Private Equity backed bio-therapeutics company with a recently approved novel drug-device non-opioid pain product for certain surgical patients. Our client meets a significant unmet medical need and is seeking leaders to turn potential into meaningful results for patients and providers.
Our client has identified a need for a strong customer-focused, detail-oriented Supply Chain professional to lead product logistics and distribution during a critical growth phase for the firm. This is a role perfect for someone who believes Supply Chain Management requires a proactive engagement with all stakeholders, exceptional operational oversight, and a willingness to collaborate to drive results, whether that be in-bound, out-bound, or with internal commercial leaders.
Our client is entering a critically important phase of growth, this is going to put stresses and demands on the supply chain like never before. Our client needs someone who relishes that opportunity to make the process more robust, more reliable, and more efficient. You will be able to touch every aspect of the process, after the finished product phase (this role does not require in-depth knowledge of production planning, or raw material sourcing). The primary focus will be optimizing the outbound process to wholesalers and US-based clients once the product has arrived. Our client currently has one product and one indication for that product, but they expect growth in both aspects, therefore this is the optimal time to get the process right before it becomes even more complex. If successful, the Supply Chain Manager will likely have the opportunity to grow with the firm and build a department to meet the changing and growing demands upon the global supply chain end-to-end.
As the Supply Chain Manager, you will;
- Work cross-functionally to ensure commercial plans are executed operationally to meet strategic goals. Partner with in-bound partners in Europe, the US-based Commercial team, and US Customers such as Wholesalers to ensure the supply chain is optimized.
- Oversee all international and domestic logistics partners.
- Identify optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to the consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Ensure the efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of the product.
- Develop and meet inventory goals for the company which effectively balance cash-flow, product lead-times, shipment times, and inventory turn rates.
- Negotiate resolution with service providers relative to quality and service issues.
- Provide feedback to senior-level representatives of providers on quality and delivery performance to assure continuous improvement in those areas.
- Assist in the development of a distribution infrastructure that supports our customers in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
- Develop relationships in the marketplace to understand and stay abreast of industry changes that may impact programs as it relates to regulatory requirements (e.g., serialization).
Your background will include the following elements;
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing Supply Chain Operations with an emphasis on outbound efficiency.
- Prior knowledge and experience developing budgets and supply chain plans including 20-year forecasting for supply chain effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to strategically plan and executive on all priorities, while managing the changing business needs.
- The ability to proactively fill in the gaps when presented with partial information or leads.
- Strong customer orientation that results in trust-based relationships with suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- Superior project management and analytical skills.
- Resilient and agile – always seeking new learning experiences, and open to learning new approaches.
- Excellent organizational and communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines, comfortable within the ambiguity of fast-growth companies.
- Exceptional negotiating skills, able to identify the balanced solution for all parties.
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit, or if you would simply like more information, please apply so that we can paint the full picture.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.