Process Production Operator
- Job Title
- Process Production Operator
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Direct Hire
- Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Other Location
The Process Operator is responsible for running all manufacturing-owned operations within the Lignin production process, operating support equipment and following standards and procedures for the Plant to ensure maximum production quantity and quality. This includes responsibility for operation/manipulation of equipment and controls to carry out procedures, and completion of in-process analytical data for process decisions and verification, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. This role requires the understanding of all critical aspects of Safety, Quality and Production to effectively monitor and execute needed actions as well as train/support peers as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in safety, health and environmental programs and training
- Adhere to safety and quality protocols including, but not limited to, wearing PPE as required by the hazard assessments to protect associate from potential hazards
- Support and assist management in further developing best practices for production operation procedures and standards.
- Operate various equipment and instrumentation safely and with little supervision. Equipment may include but is not limited to: forklift, scissor lift, tanks, sensors, transmitters, valves and pumps.
- Responsible for start-up, shut down, lock-out/tag-out and continuous monitoring and improvement of production process, controls and alarms.
- Sample, test and record process and product values as required by quality procedures and standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance activities to ensure plant cleanliness and assist maintenance technicians in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Monitors, controls, and records plant operations and failures.
- Participate in shift-turnover meetings and monitoring defined shift Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) with Shift Supervisor.
- Assist peers with technical training and support defined continuous improvement activities and Kaizen events.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist warehousing and packaging departments, and Shift Supervisor as needed.
- Ability to work rotating shifts (including weekends and holidays) and willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Team player who maintains and displays a positive attitude. Flexible and adaptable to change. Is coachable with high willingness to learn.
- Capable of reading key instrumentation, diagrams and plant procedures
- Ability to understand safety alarms and react both quickly and effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot problems effectively
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Understanding of manufacturing process
- Must have ability to learn and work effectively within SAP system
- Effective communication skills – written, verbal and active listening
- Completes all tasks in a safe and environmentally-sound manner
- Required Skills
2-5 years related work experience
High school diploma (or similar), with relevant work experience
Effectively work and communicate using the English language
Experience in related field of Bio-Fuel or Chemical processing; or in an automated industrial/manufacturing environment
Demonstrated skills in team improvement activities, problem-solving and training others
Knowledge of Distributed Control Systems (DCS operations); Delta V or similar
Lean manufacturing knowledge or related certification(s)
- Optional Skills
• Hands on
• Desire to learn/cross train
• Self motivated
• Ability to work with others
• Basic computer use
• Troubleshooting/critical thinking
• The amount of operations/manufacturing experience isn’t a big deal to us because we have had a lot of luck with those that have very little experience, but have the drive to learn and succeed.