Corporate Paralegal (Temporary)-NYC.324
- Job Title
- Corporate Paralegal (Temporary)-NYC.324
A global financial services corporation seeks an experienced Corporate Paralegal to join their team in New York on a long-term, temporary basis for approximately 6 months. The hourly rate is competitive.
The Corporate Paralegal will support the company's corporate governance initiatives and assist the Corporate Secretary team with Board and various Committee matters and processes and other related matters. This successful person will report to the Head of Litigation in the Legal Department but assigned to the Corporate Secretary team in the Governance team.
- Assist with management committee governance process.
- Assist with distribution of Board and Committee documents
- Assist with preparation for Board Meetings and materials distribution and upload - assist the corporate secretary with Board/Committee meetings and meeting logistics; coordinate and assemble meeting materials.
- Assist with minute taking and indexing, as necessary.
- Assist with drafting of resolutions and powers of attorney documentation.
- Maintain accurate and current officer, director, and corporate governance information.
- Bachelor's Degree and prior experience as a paralegal.
- 3 years of experience as a corporate governance paralegal or similar function in a Bank, law firm, or corporate legal department.
- Some knowledge and experience managing documentation, formation, of multiple legal entities necessary.
- Experience working with banking regulatory requirements is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of corporate secretarial and governance matters and a good understanding of processes and procedures related to corporate governance and entity structure and maintenance.
- Experience with Board meeting management.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative.
- Technical and legal writing skills with legal and banking terminology.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, working within deadlines.
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.