Associate Senior Counsel - Privacy (North NJ).001
- Job Title
- Associate Senior Counsel - Privacy (North NJ).001
Global pharmaceutical company located in North, NJ seeks a Associate Senior Counsel - Privacy. The salary is competitive.
The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding and managing the U.S. Privacy Program, in collaboration with the Compliance team, business groups to identify privacy risks and solutions for emerging projects, including projects in the digital and medical device space and partner with team members on information governance matters and initiatives, You will serve as the lead point-person and subject matter expert for creating and providing company-wide privacy compliance training and be responsible for conducting and implementing a privacy program risk assessment and resulting mitigation and remediation plans.
- Expand and manage the day-to-day operations of the company's U.S. Privacy Program
- Counsel business teams on privacy issues arising from sales and marketing, market access, R&D and ecosystem projects, with extra focus on digital initiatives
- Translate the company’s privacy compliance and risk management strategy into accurate and timely implementation via projects such as policy rollouts, privacy reviews, privacy product management, and policy enforcement
- Work cross-functionally in the U.S. and globally to ensure the thorough and efficient implementation of the company's privacy compliance and risk management strategy
- Conduct privacy risk assessment and develop, execute, and manage the creation and completion of mitigation and remediation plans
- Partner with legal and IT team members on information governance program, including policies and procedures
- Audit and assess company systems, websites, and other data repositories to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in an evolving IT environment
- Manage consumer requests for personal data inquiries per applicable regulations (e.g., CCPA)
- Serve as the subject matter expert and point person for issue spotting and managing privacy concerns when new projects ae being proposed—building relationships with business partners so that role is viewed as a partner not an obstacle
- Develop continuous learning tools, e-learning, advanced training and experiential training as well as ongoing assessment programs to support all company-wide privacy compliance training
- Oversee compliance with policies and contractual obligations related to privacy and data usage
- Liaise with privacy professionals at peer companies and industry organizations.
- 5-7 years of privacy experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- Juris Degree required
- In-depth knowledge of applicable state, federal and international privacy laws required
- Proven track record as a strong team player with ability to work cross-functionally in a complex organizational structure
- Experience with privacy requirements for digital solutions around interactions with healthcare professionals, patients, and other consumers
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and be pragmatic and results focused
- Strong problem-solving skills – demonstrates and exercises creativity and initiative
- Strong written and verbal communications skills – able to effectively collaborate and communicate with client groups within the company
- Strong project management skills such as scheduling, planning, and prioritizing several diverse activities, initiatives, and projects from different individuals, groups, or departments
- Proficient technology skills
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.