Contract Attorney - Telecom/Commercial Real Estate Leasing (Temporary-Multiple Locations).816-1718
- Job Title
- Contract Attorney - Telecom/Commercial Real Estate Leasing (Temporary-Multiple Locations).816-1718
A national progressive telecommunications company is seeking an experienced Contract Attorney - Telecom/Commercial Real Estate Leasing (Temporary) to join their Tower Customer Contracts team in one of the following locations: Pittsburgh, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago or Nashville. This is a long-term temporary position expected to last at least 6-months. Currently the position is remote, but you must be available to be on-site when they return to their office in September 2021. The hourly pay rate is between $40-$50 and there the possibility for permanent conversion.
Primary DutiesThe successful candidate will report to the VP, Associate General Counsel, Senior Attorney and work with the Tower Customer Contracts team. You will provide legal advice, counseling, and training to business partners on issues related to real estate, customer contracts, contract drafting, contract interpretation, and customer disputes service and vendor contracts, regulatory, environmental, litigation, labor and employment, corporate matters, and/or other areas. Essential functions are outlined below:
- Recognizes and evaluates legal risks associated with different business decisions and communicates those risks to peers and colleagues.
- Able to communicate effectively in written and oral presentations. Respond to legal inquiries, assisting the company's personnel with regard to legal issues as needed.
- Draft and review legal documents.
- Assist in the interpretation of contract documents and in the resolution of disputes related to contract terms.
- Manage litigation and other disputes, including counseling the company's personnel and directing, selecting, managing and interacting with outside counsel.
- Provide support for collections support, including assistance in structuring and improving procedures and practices for collection of receivables, and support in collections efforts.
- Assist on special projects; involving initiation and execution of various projects related to training
- Draft and review service contracts; involving support for negotiation and preparation of service contracts pursuant to which the company provides services to customers.
- Draft and review vendor contracts; involving preparation of and revisions to standard forms for use with vendors providing services to the company.
- Serve as the legal liaison to an Area, Region, or Corporate functional department.
- 4-15 years of relative experience post law school
- 2 years of related legal experience, 4-8 years preferred
- JD from an accredited law school
- Admission to a U.S. Bar Association
- Telecom and Tower Leasing experience is highly desired
- Commercial Real Estate leasing experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of legal research and writing techniques
- Basic knowledge of real estate, contract and business law
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse background, personalities and opinions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of MS Office
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.