ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer Consultant
- Job Title
- ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer Consultant
- Job ID
- Hanover, MD 21076
- Other Location
ASIC/FPGA DESIGN ENGINEER (DSP)
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a truly cutting-edge technology company with a breakthrough wireless security solution-set for Government and Commercial clients. It is no exaggeration to state that this firm’s patented technology is building the foundations of future wireless. After 5-years of intense design and development, our client is now building the infrastructure to commercialize their solution.
Our client has an urgent need to hire ASIC.FPGA Design Engineers, to work on ASIC and FPGA design projects that enable privacy, trust, and security by default, in networks everywhere. As the Design Engineer, you will join a team that is tasked to drive more integration, lower power, mixed-signal architectures, and next-generation technology to be deployed in space and ground infrastructures. You will focus on digital signal processing (DSP) and digital communication blocks, and enable integration of our ASIC/FPGA products in partner platforms. This is a full-time role and owing to the nature of the work, and ultimate client, all eligible consultants must be US-Citizens.
As the ASIC/FPGA Design Engineer your responsibilities can include;
- Participate in all phases of ASIC/FPGA design ﬂow - from concept to mass production.
- Develop high-level design requirements and block-level micro-architectures, partition design within ASIC/FPGA, and create speciﬁcation documents.
- Develop RTL designs using SystemVerilog, with emphasis on DSP and digital communication system blocks (frontend, physical layer, link layer, error correction, etc.).
- Optimize your designs for the area, speed, and power to meet system requirements; analyze architectural trade-oﬀs.
- Develop test benches and test cases for block-level functional veriﬁcation, emphasizing bit-matching and self-checking.
- Verify DSP blocks against the ﬁxed-point MATLAB model, work in collaboration with systems engineers.
- Collaborate with veriﬁcation engineers to develop UVM-based top-level tests for your blocks.
- Participate in SoC-level and FPGA top-level integration activities.
- Prototype designs on FPGA, focusing on closely emulating the ﬁnal product functionality.
- Use scripting languages to achieve higher performance and improve productivity through automation.
- Perform lint checking, CDC checking, logic equivalence checking, and other EDA tool-based checks.
- Run implementation tools, such as Synopsys Design Compiler, Xilinx Vivado, and others; perform timing closure for your designs.
- Work with backend/implementation teams to address synthesis, timing, layout, and DFT issues for ASICs.
- Identify and validate ASICs and FPGAs in the lab, and utilize various lab equipment.
- Collaborate with software engineers in developing production software for your designs BASIC.
Your background will include:
- US Citizenship Required.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or other engineering disciplines.
- 2+ years of experience in working with ASICs and/or FPGAs (internship and research experience qualiﬁes).
- 2+ years of experience in SystemVerilog, Verilog, or VHDL RTL design.
- 2+ years of experience in scripting and programming languages in two or more of the following: MATLAB, Python, C/C++, Perl, Tcl, Make, Bash.
If you have the skills and experience desired coupled with the desire and motivation essential for the role, and you want to be part of something really special, we need to hear from you. Please click to apply.
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.