Hearing Examiner/Officer - Unemployment Claims(Temporary/Remote).794
- Job Title
- Hearing Examiner/Officer - Unemployment Claims(Temporary/Remote).794
Global corporation seeks a team of professionals on a full-time, temporary basis. The position is fully remote and expected to last 30-60 days, possibly longer. The hourly rate is consistent and competitive with the market.
The Hearing Examiner/Officer is a professional experienced in administrative law, paralegal services, and/or legal services who will assist in conducting administrative hearings involving unemployment insurance benefits. Duties include the following:
- Assisting legal professionals in preparation for telephonic hearings that are fair in substance and appearance.
- Reviewing and learning a variety of issues related to unemployment insurance claims and becoming proficient in using a case management system to manage caseloads, and providing high quality and timely written analysis consistent with Vermont Chapter Title 3 V.S.A. Chapter 25.
- Creating a legal record and producing clear, logical, well-written opinions.
- Reviewing exhibits and other relevant material in preparation for proceedings.
- Analyzing complex issues and applying legal principles and precedents in drafting an opinion for the review of a legal professional.
- JD/Paralegal preferred, but not required
- Experience in legal writing and legal matters preferred
- Knowledge of administrative rules, policies and procedures
- Proficient in case management and issues of unemployment insurance
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.IND1