Attorney-R&D Contracts (Temporary/Part-Time).001-2
- Job Title
- Attorney-R&D Contracts (Temporary/Part-Time).001-2
Global pharmaceutical company seeks an Attorney-R&D Contracts to provide legal advice, counsel, and service. This role focuses on research and development agreements, including agreements relating to confidential disclosures, material transfer, services, advisory boards, sponsored research, external consultants and advisors, and related matters, and supports various in-licensing arrangements. This role acts to represent the company in various negotiations and transactions and advises the assigned business client regarding concerns for risk assessment. This is a part time role (20-30 hours per week), expected to last one year with the possibility of extension and/or permanent conversion. Preference is to have a local candidate in the Boston area but remote candidates outside of the region may be considered. The hourly rate is $55-$60. Note that there may flexibility on the rate depending upon experience.
- Provides and day-to-day advice and counsel to all levels of the organization within the specifically assigned business clients
- Serves as legal interface with legal department colleagues on global issues as needed
- Assists with the implementation of legal strategy and policies
- Manages the business objectives, and legal and reputational risks of assigned business clients
- Proactively informs assigned business client of important legal, enforcement and other industry developments
- 7+ years as a practicing, licensed attorney with significant client contact and varied responsibility
- Applicant must be an active member of the bar in good standing (any US jurisdiction)
- Legal experience counseling on research and development issues related to the pharmaceutical industry, including issues relating to small molecules, biologics, data sciences and assay development
- Legal experience on research and development agreements, including agreements relating to confidential disclosures, material transfer, services, advisory boards, sponsored research, external consultants and advisors, and related matters, and other in-licensing arrangements
- Ability to learn quickly and in a fast paced, matrixed environment
- Adept at multi-tasking; ability to learn quickly and in a fast paced, matrixed environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, able to effectively present ideas, counsel, and information to others
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and ability to identify and propose solutions to relevant legal issues and risks
- Knowledge in a range of legal areas of relevance to the company’s operations
Frink-Hamlett Legal Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.