- Job Title
- Collections Specialist
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- 3 Month Temp to Direct Hire
- Jacksonville, FL 32250-0249
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a Medical Equipment & Supply Wholesaler organization in their search for an Collections Specialist. Within this role, the selected candidate will be responsible for collections activities the office to include reviewing and analyzing accounts and collecting overdue balances.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Run and review customer aging on a weekly basis and address delinquencies
- Outbound calls to accounts with past due balances to determine reason for nonpayment
- Maintain detailed account notes and follow up information regarding collection calls and status
- Make suggestions to improve processes that allow customers to pay invoices within terms
- Respond to phone, email, and fax requests from customers for invoice copies, statement copies, proof of deliveries, and other necessary information to allow customers to make payments
- Input customer credit card payments/refunds into the system
- Resolve customer short payments by determining if credits or repayments are required
- Work with appropriate departments to resolve invoice discrepancies related to pricing, tax, or shipping, or duplicate billings
- Identify unapplied cash payments and submit requests to match up payments and invoices accurately
- Request tax exemption certificates and ensure accounts maintain current exemption status
- Assist in managing shared mailbox with incoming customer requests
- Recognize when accounts should be escalated for non-payment and take appropriate action to resolve balances
- Effectively communicate with Sales Reps when they need to be informed about account status or involved in resolving non-payment issues
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Prior Accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent.
Prior Accounting experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Optional Skills
Candidate should be customer service oriented, this position is about making connections and serving our customers. I am looking for someone self-motivated that wants to investigate or research to determine why accounts are having payment issues. They should be comfortable with different methods of communication and can articulate well when contacting customers + coworkers
- Pay Range
- $16.00 Hourly to $16.50 Hourly