Manufacturing Production Manager
- Job Title
- Manufacturing Production Manager
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- RPO 40 recruiting hours
- Orange Park, FL 32073
- Other Location
Idea Recruitment has partnered with a client in Orange Park in their search for a Manufacturing Production Manager.
OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturers) sales represent a big part in client's overall sales mix. We believe that achieving the balance between Mobile Service, local branch service, re-distribution and OEM Hose Sales is an important strategy. Each segment requires a different skill set but each in balance creates a stronger overall business. That commitment to each discipline creates a company that can serve the whole range of customers. :
The Production Manager position directs and manages all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, quality, production, logistics, maintenance, and other production-related activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure plant operates in a safe manner
- Direct and manage plant operations for quality, production, logistics, and maintenance.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with other managers to insure the total plant objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Control departmental expense to meet budgets.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manages capital asset maintenance.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Control and minimize labor overtime and repair expenses.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment; replace, or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implements and maintains preventative maintenance programs.
- Incorporates Kaizen and Lean into organizational culture.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to production & logistic department supervisory staff.
- Strong Mechanical Abilities.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Decision Making.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Business Acumen.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Workdays are Monday through Friday but may require some Saturday workdays to meet production demand
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Hydraulic and assembly industry experience preferred
- Lean & Six Sigma experience
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001
- Required Skills
Bachelor's degree in related field or five years plant/general management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Hydraulic and assembly industry experience preferred
Lean & Six Sigma experience
Working knowledge of ISO 9001, 14001 & 45001
- Pay Range
- $80,000.00 Annually to $85,000.00 Annually